Advice for Streaming Box for Napper

Hello,
I am new at third-party streaming devices. I was wondering if someone can recommend a box that runs well with Napper after I download it. Will some of those Android TV streaming boxes they sell at Amazon with Android 7.1 2GB RAM+16GB ROM work? Will a name brand box like Fire TV also work with Napper? Does anyone have suggestions on what brands you had good experience and which to avoid from your experiences? Thank you. :)

Andy
California
Tagged:

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    I have one box coming from China shortly. I will do a review on how well it runs.

For the most part, Android 7 doesn't work well with the app.
  • Hi Padman,
    I noticed you have mentioned the Amlogic S905 Android Box. Nice to hear that you will have another review soon. Just for my information, which Android versions do you have a feeling it may not work well? According to some of the postings here, it seems Android 4.4.2 and 6.0.1 should work......is that how you look at it as well? It is my understanding Google will no longer support security patches for versions before 5.0.

Andy
    California
  • edited January 2018
    Android 6 or lower will work. I recently tried on this box
    https://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXQ-PRO--Android-7-1-1-Amlogic-S905X-4K-TV-BOX-2GB-16GB-385604.html
    It work although there's android 7 on it. This is $35 you can get it from geekbuying but shipping to you take some time since it's from asia
    Make sure the box that you buy has GPU of Mali-450

• Andy, if you already have the latest fire tv stick, it has the Mali-450 GPU as well you can try to use with that (i have not tested with this version of fire tv)
    Previous fire tv that i had didn't have this GPU so some channels have no video.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    edited January 2018
    Link for $39.99 Cheap Android box:
    http://amzn.to/2BgK6N6

Are you in USA? Buy it from Amazon. They have easy return if the box doesn't work like you expected. When you return it, just click the option "defective" and they will give you free return shipping label.
  • Hi Grimmie,
    Thanks for this information about the MXQ PRO. So it seems like even though it has Android 7 it still worked for you. I will give this a try. BTW, I do not have any Amazon Fire TV devices.

Andy
  • Hi Tomato,
    Yes I'm in the USA, I will look into this suggestion about the Ware MXQ Pro Android 6.0 Tv Box, Am Logic S905X. I assume you have tried it? Thanks for the "defective" tip.

Andy
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    fwiw, I've been using a Nexbox A95x S905x 1GB/8GB android 6.01. I've had issues with certain live streams crashing the app, as reported in another thread, even when no other apps are loaded.
    I'm awaiting 2GB RAM model of above Nexbox to be delivered soon to test, so as to rule out any RAM issues.
  • Hi Grimmie,
    Thanks for this information about the MXQ PRO. So it seems like even though it has Android 7 it still worked for you. I will give this a try. BTW, I do not have any Amazon Fire TV devices.

Andy
    OK good that you didn't have amazon fire tv, because not all channels will work. I just tested it on one of the fire tv stick even though it has mali 450 GPU.
    https://www.amazon.com/MXQ-Android-Amlogic-Streaming-Player/dp/B06XDSWHSL/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1516930091&sr=8-12&keywords=android+tv+box+mali+450
    This is for $28.97 Android 4.4 with Mali 450 GPU. It should work. When I looked for a box, I went for the cheapest in amazon search. Easy return anyway...
    Good luck!