Ubox4-TVB live news channel doesn't work on US Bay Area morning time

I have Comcast 100M. It plays live and vod very smooth. except the live tvb news channel doesn't work in the morning time around 7:30am to noon time. But it works ok on evening time everyday for couple of weeks. When it not working. The circle in the middle show few hundred k/s going down to 0k/s and then go block screen. I try other live channel it all works ok. I try wifi it's the same. Do anyone have the same problem?

Comments

• I have Ubox2 having the same problems in US. That is what we are talking about the stability or reliability issues.
  • fatcatfatcat Junior Member
    I did online chat with the customer service on Fri evening. He said he will get this info to the tech Dept. I get no reply yet. But it seems working this morning. We have to wait and see. Please share your result with us. Thank you!
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    My ubox3 is working fine in NY area right now.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited January 2018
    I have Comcast 100M. It plays live and vod very smooth. except the live tvb news channel doesn't work in the morning time around 7:30am to noon time. But it works ok on evening time everyday for couple of weeks. When it not working. The circle in the middle show few hundred k/s going down to 0k/s and then go block screen. I try other live channel it all works ok. I try wifi it's the same. Do anyone have the same problem?
    The day you posted this thread I was in bad the time was 8:30 in the morning and watching news using ubox3 for an hour, not a glitch happened and I'm in the same area as you. I don't use ubox much since I'm having fun with all the free apps using on another cheap boxes, but then I checked on the ubox2 at my entertainment room which connected a ubox2, weltv and a minix 8 plus, so on ubox2 the live stream was running smoothly no issues that you have had but it has happened once as you explained then I turned it off and rebooted the box the problem was solved.
    We have to understand that all boxes could be
    happened no matter what brand they are as long as they don't shut down and walked away, it's just my 2 cents.
    Post edited by 535four on
  • I did online chat with the customer service on Fri evening. He said he will get this info to the tech Dept. I get no reply yet. But it seems working this morning. We have to wait and see. Please share your result with us. Thank you!
    Testing for couple days in the morning I have no issue to watching news fairly smoothly, how's your side?
  • edited January 2018
    I did online chat with the customer service on Fri evening. He said he will get this info to the tech Dept. I get no reply yet. But it seems working this morning. We have to wait and see. Please share your result with us. Thank you!
    Testing for couple days in the morning I have no issue to watching news fairly smoothly, how's your side?
    i'm in the west coast. using ubox3 and ubox4. i also tested that channel for a few days in the morning. no problem on my boxes.
    Thank you for all the reply! Since I talked to the CSR on last Fri. It works very smooth every morning until this morning. This morning it works from 7:00am to 7:35am it stops at the same screen. I waited for 5 min. still not moving. I get out of the app and launch again then it works until 8:10am then I turn it off. Ii'd having problem for pass few weeks and just start work for few days. I need to test for more time and report to you folks. I saw PGHTVPAD2 has the same problem. I'm in Oakland, CA. I use Unblock 4 and the problem I refer to is from 7:00am To 8:15am. When it has problem, all other live and Vod working smoothly. I will report back in a few days. Thanks again.
  • Hmm.. It's too early for me to check on 7 to 8 am but last time you say it was from 7 to noon. Sometimes try to flip the channels up and down may work, or may be install an app call Super Cleaner and set it to auto clean the memory every hour so you don't have to do it manually.
  • Hi, FATCAT: My Ubox2 not working on SOME channels (not ALL) last night but they normally will come back later in a day or two. I should find out more tonight. This is the stability or reliability issues we are talking about. You just need to be patient since Ubox does it all the time. I am OK as long as they won't walk away and leave you in the dark.
    Hi 535FOUR, Most of the time I only watch 7 to 8 am and leave home. But some time I stay home all morning time. When most of the time in Dec it doesn't work. I didn't go out because of the weather. That's why I said morning to noon time. I clean the memory every time I start the box. Maybe I'll look in to install the auto cleaner to clean every hour. I don't know Unblock did something or not. But my box working since Dec 30 with only 1 stop yesterday. This morning working perfect. I need some time to test and report back. Thank you for your attention!
    @pghtvpad2 I understand what you say. I don't care if they don't work for a few day and work again. As long as they won't walk away and leave you in the dark. The reason I brought it up this time because it happen very rare issue. It only happen in the morning time. That's the time internet is the fastest time. I have wait and see how it goes. Thank you!
  • Hi 535FOUR, Most of the time I only watch 7 to 8 am and leave home. But some time I stay home all morning time. When most of the time in Dec it doesn't work. I didn't go out because of the weather. That's why I said morning to noon time. I clean the memory every time I start the box. Maybe I'll look in to install the auto cleaner to clean every hour. I don't know Unblock did something or not. But my box working since Dec 30 with only 1 stop yesterday. This morning working perfect. I need some time to test and report back. Thank you for your attention!
    @pghtvpad2 I understand what you say. I don't care if they don't work for a few day and work again. As long as they won't walk away and leave you in the dark. The reason I brought it up this time because it happen very rare issue. It only happen in the morning time. That's the time internet is the fastest time. I have wait and see how it goes. Thank you!
    Have you try 回看?I tried it the other day, reviewed it back the time that you are, and I ran it for a day have no problem, I shut down the tv and leave the box turned on, it was still playing when I turn the tv back on and match the local time. But one thing you must set the box to Hong Kong time zone.
    I tried. When the time it's not working. 回看doesn't work also.
  • Hmm..which app did you used? the blue icon UBTV or the red one UBLive, the UBLive is the newest app, the blue one UBTV is the old app, they say will no longer work but still working. The the new app which contented in the ALL in one app "Uvod" it call "Live".
    I use the blue Live TV app. It comes with the box when I bought it on Oct 2017. When I launch it. it show a gray screen with the label UBTV at the middle of screen. I don't know it's the newest one. But according to the seller, it's the newest.
  • edited January 2018
    i'm in san francisco. tested at 7am for an hour this morning. no problem. i'm using the ubvod all in one app on ubox3.
    Hi 535FOUR, Most of the time I only watch 7 to 8 am and leave home. But some time I stay home all morning time. When most of the time in Dec it doesn't work. I didn't go out because of the weather. That's why I said morning to noon time. I clean the memory every time I start the box. Maybe I'll look in to install the auto cleaner to clean every hour. I don't know Unblock did something or not. But my box working since Dec 30 with only 1 stop yesterday. This morning working perfect. I need some time to test and report back. Thank you for your attention!
  • I use the blue Live TV app. It comes with the box when I bought it on Oct 2017. When I launch it. it show a gray screen with the label UBTV at the middle of screen. I don't know it's the newest one. But according to the seller, it's the newest.
    That's the old app, use the one in ALL In One app it's in Uvod, you should see it at the bottom says all apps then look for it.
    I found it. I will try this one. But lately, the old app works very smooth for whole week. Thank you!
    I tried both. Both work good. Until day before yesterday. The LiveTV disappear. But I still can use the other one. Yesterday It has a update and I did it. The LIveTV come back. Both apps work good on the TVB 24hr news. But since this morning 7:00am. Both apps not working on the news but all other live channel works good. I went home on 12:00noon. It still doesn't work.
  • I tried both. Both work good. Until day before yesterday. The LiveTV disappear. But I still can use the other one. Yesterday It has a update and I did it. The LIveTV come back. Both apps work good on the TVB 24hr news. But since this morning 7:00am. Both apps not working on the news but all other live channel works good. I went home on 12:00noon. It still doesn't work.
    Yes, it's down for now. You should install a 3rd party app for just in case, 超級直播is what I recommend, it has 12 t*b channels.
    Thank you! I'm going to look for this app.