What to review next?

padmanpadman Moderator
edited January 2021 in Announcements
It has been awhile since anything new came about... Any suggestions on a box to review?

Post edited by padman on

Comments

• tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    can you review subscription service?

This 華悅匯 seems to be pretty decent for $45 per year.

http://www.huayuehui.org/
    Forget about it. The apps come with 3 days trial. I just tested it.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Hi Mr.Padman when you review the Evpad Pro did you found out one thing is interesting In most tv box use Ram to install all apps ,But in Evpad pro it install in 16 Gb rom, So I can install a lot more apps in Evpad than Tvpad 4 ( only have 1 Gb Ram in Pad 4)
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Hi Mr.Padman when you review the Evpad Pro did you found out one thing is interesting In most tv box use Ram to install all apps ,But in Evpad pro it install in 16 Gb rom, So I can install a lot more apps in Evpad than Tvpad 4 ( only have 1 Gb Ram in Pad 4)
    Mmmm are you sure?

As far as I remember the TVPad 4 have a 8GB Rom and only 1GB is useable for apps and data.

EVPad pro have 16GB rom, so after the OS/System apps, it got a lot more space to work with.

That's how most android devices work
  • Forget about it. The apps come with 3 days trial. I just tested it.
    hello tomato, how do you find it after using the trial, worth the money?
  • edited December 2017

This 華悅匯 seems to be pretty decent for $45 per year.

http://www.huayuehui.org/
    FYI, the $45 /year is for live TV only. If you want to get replay & VOD as well, that's $88 for 1200 days. I did the 3 days trial and found that their picture quality is not bad, but the Replay & VOD streaming did buffer at random times, especially at the first few minutes. Would be great if Padman can give a full review.

Post edited by kamy2015 on
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Not in the US. Would have to jump through loops to get sign up and working. :#
    can you review sling tv? the mando and canto section?
  • Is the HKE360 same as bluetv? It's selling real cheap on ebay now. New evpad plus with 2gb ram/32gb rom also just released
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    HKE360 seems to be the new Coolbox TV

360C Pro 主要選用兩間電視盒子公司的系統,放在360C Pro 4K高清電視盒子內,稱之為一機雙源,COOLBOX TV秀中港台三地+國際77個節目源(免年費),再加送一年HKE360中港台日本、韓國及越南240個節目源 ,打造成雙直播、雙點播及雙回看,非常流暢及穩定,相等一個價錢購買兩台不同品牌的盒子,可以給客戶十足信心!

Specifications:
    GPU: Mali-450 MP
    System: Android 6.0
    CPU: Am logic S905X
    Core: 2.0GHz, Quad Core
    RAM: 1G
    ROM: 8G
    Bluetooth: V4.0
    Max. Extended Capacity: TF card up to 64GB (not included)
    Decoder Format: H.264/AVC,H.265,RealVideo8/9/10
    Video format: 4K,4K x 2K,AVS,DAT,ISO,MKV,MOV,MPEG,MPEG-4,MPEG1,MPEG2,RM,RV,VP9 Profile-2,WMV
    Audio format: AAC,FLAC,MP3,OGG,RM,WMA
    Interface: AV, Ethernet, HDMI, LAN, Optical, TF card,USB2.0
    Language: Multi-language
    Product size approx.: 3.58 x 3.58 x 0.71 inches
    Thanked by 1tylerlee
  • Hi, Padman:
    What is the difference between Coolbox and Unblock Gen4 box? Are they the same? It seems the price is similar.
    Any reason you said we should run away from it? (I know U box is not stable or reliable sometime.)
    Thanks for your help..........
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @PghTVpad2 They are definitely from two different manufacturer

I believe coolbox is another alias for Tvpad/bluetv

I just never had good experience with ubox. Other people have said the streams are much smoother now though. I don't use it, it's just sitting in the basement atm. But their vod app still suck from what I've read on here.

• Thanks so much and I totally agree with the views for U-box.
    UBOX is reliable for me. streams are smooth. I am in NY with fios.
    Thanks so much and I totally agree with the views for U-box.
    Thanked by 1535four
  • i think padman did his test before the ubvod all in one app came out. ubox is pretty good for me. i use live tv for espn, bt sports for ufc ppv, tsn and sky sports for nfl football. vod is very smooth now. one good thing about ubox is they don't shut down their old box. i also owned bluetv, A1and A2 tv boxes. i was going to get evpad for testing. but they always remind me of the moonbox scammers. so i won't get it.
    Thanked by 1535four
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    I did try to run another test a few months earlier this year in the summer. The streams were fine, I thnk the VOD were hit or miss.

The problem is the UBox as a whole is a mess (at least my ubox 2?). Shortcuts that are missing the app, apps being renamed to something else, the drive storage filling up with the logs that I have to manually clean up.

If you have time to mess around and tinker with it then the ubox may be worth it for you. But for many people that's just not ideal. That is my thought.
    i think padman did his test before the ubvod all in one app came out. ubox is pretty good for me. i use live tv for espn, bt sports for ufc ppv, tsn and sky sports for nfl football. vod is very smooth now. one good thing about ubox is they don't shut down their old box. i also owned bluetv, A1and A2 tv boxes. i was going to get evpad for testing. but they always remind me of the moonbox scammers. so i won't get it.
  • What box we are looking for? easy to use? NO, we're looking for a trusty, reliable, stable, Diversified, worthy box to buy and not to scam people changing brands forced you to pay for different way to watch and STILL causing lots of problems, time was told what was worth and not, do your math.
  • No specific boxes mentioned good or bad but I think people should know what you are talking about though......
    By the way, Padman and some others are correct and I still have U-box 2 not perfect but worth my $$ so far........
  • Hi, Padman: Should you review CooL Box and give us some thoughts? Currently, My Ubox is still having issues and would like to see a better one if possible. Thanks
    someone mention this box call "Boss 博視盒子".
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    The Boss 博視盒子 look interesting. May look into this further
    Thanked by 2tomato123 tylerlee