moonbox stuck logo - m3s fix custom firmware

i have an moonbox m3s black box. it boots up to main screen. then suddenly the moonbox logo shows up with mac address on a corner. it stays unresponsive. what can be done to fix it???
Post edited by padman on

Comments

• same problem, anyone know how to fix it?
  • i've been informed that their server operator mentioned services will be stopped to all Moonbox tv boxes as the server fees were not paid by Moonbox. Users of Moonbox need to pay an annual fee of USD15/ year to unlock the box.
  • I've tried re-rooting a new firmware on the Moonbox but it seems that they have locked the firmware and bootloader permanently and there's no way of re-rooting the box. It's a brick now
  • edited November 2017
    Watch this and read the description under the video.

• Copied from the YouTube clip
    =========================

Published on Nov 8, 2017Hi to all the Moonbox User
    As I find out that Moonbox is going to take money from the user, I was so frustrated and angry with them, they are a lier, and bastard don't believe them.
    Don't pay any money to them, they will take your money and run away
    I'm working on the solution to help everyone to fix this.
    it will take around 2 weeks after they lock our box
    how can they lock our moonbox?
    Because we are using moonbox operating system so they have the access to our box and lock it.
    my solution is, we will have to update the moonbox operating system so they don't have access to our box, they can't lock our box,
    subscribe and as soon our new operating system ready I will have a video to show you the solution
    remember don't pay them or fast fish, they will not get any money from us.

大家好!我們曾經是Moonbox澳洲代理商。經過這次Moonbox的收費,我們表示極之不認同及不支持!我已經找到一些專業人士重新編寫一個可以覆蓋Moonbox的程式!請大家稍等,我們會盡快把新程式的測試做好,然後再向大家發佈安裝的方法!請不要在不明朗的環境下向不明來歷的人胡亂給錢!
  • I have a way to unlock the m3s,Released tonight。我有方法解除锁定,只是m3s因为我手上没有moon pro如果有我一样能搞定,今晚发布。
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    I have a way to unlock the m3s,Released tonight。我有方法解除锁定,只是m3s因为我手上没有moon pro如果有我一样能搞定,今晚发布。
    Thanks can't wait ....... :3
  • edited November 2017
    The same method with tvpad4 downgrade, please before you begin to do an original backup, because my backup file is not in the original device to do, methods: a sdcard format for fat32, download the file I provided. there are two files after extracting.copy the extracted two files to sdcard, remove the sdcard into the your device, start up the device at the same time press the remote control menu key to enter the recovery mode, after that followed the tvpad4 downgrade video.

M3S only File: Only choose to restore the system, you will keep the data . https://mega.nz/#!cdZWxSxJ!9R8mPyHzt3kmnV0aPpBBifBMgd09V6qro2XJzDdC_nM

Tvpad4 downgrade video: https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/1071/downgrading-tvpad-4-to-5-054/p1

Test first, if you do not work, then I make a new one

I just made a firmware for black moonbox m3, based on the official firmware only to remove the MBUI, Can anyone test it?Because I do not have moonbox m3.

Upgrade package: https://mega.nz/#!dJR3hLzS!wvX0jSDwOA-rlGZaFl_cudZoQIg0S5u4BQMSuE1p-Zk

Easier way: the device is restored to the factory reset, do not connect to the network, install a new launcher, press the remote home button, it will let you choose, select always, and then go to "Settings" ☞ " app "☞" System app "☞" MBUI "Clear data, reboot, if asked again after boot, please do not select MBUI, connect to the network.

Mpro_custom
    https://mega.nz/#!9JoHDZjK!MSfkS7V8-yQ1ODjzMgapMft49iH64FH8Aoc1uaMMPBg
    Post edited by benxiong on
  • Hi benxiong i have downloaded the file and extracted the files and put it into an sd card. Booted my moonbox m3s and now im in the Andriod system recovery menu. It tells me to use the volume up/down to move and enter to select. But im having a hard time moving it up/down i tried to even pushing all the buttons on the remote and nothing happens it always stays on the first selection (reboot system now).
    Did they lock that out too?
    Thanks
  • Hi benxiong i have downloaded the file and extracted the files and put it into an sd card. Booted my moonbox m3s and now im in the Andriod system recovery menu. It tells me to use the volume up/down to move and enter to select. But im having a hard time moving it up/down i tried to even pushing all the buttons on the remote and nothing happens it always stays on the first selection (reboot system now).
    Did they lock that out too?
    Thanks
    This means there is a problem with your sdcard, or try another sdcard
  • Okay so for now i have figured how to wipe the moonbox to factory and now when i boot it it no longer locks me out and lost all the apps but thats not a big problem. But once i install the ethernet back in within 30secs it locks me back out.
    I have tried a another SD card same thing.
    Is there a type of sd card i should use.
    The one i have is a Samsung 16GB EVO
  • I'll make a video later.
  • So i have tried it again. I did screw up on the extracting of files thats why it wouldn't work.
    I may have sort of screwed it up abit but now i have almost gotten everything moonbox installed. I got some of my apps back and it seems to work okay without locking out.
    It still boots up with moonbox logos but it no longer has the moonbox desktop theme anymore.
    It kind of works like an regular android tv box now.
    Thanks benxiong for the file!
  • So i have tried it again. I did screw up on the extracting of files thats why it wouldn't work.
    I may have sort of screwed it up abit but now i have almost gotten everything moonbox installed. I got some of my apps back and it seems to work okay without locking out.
    It still boots up with moonbox logos but it no longer has the moonbox desktop theme anymore.
    It kind of works like an regular android tv box now.
    Thanks benxiong for the file!
    Important: Be sure to backup original device files first.So that means you have succeeded?
  • I think thats where i screwed up was on the back up. I think thats all gone now but whatever I can use the box again.
    I guess i did succeed since the box no longer locks me out.
  • Can you please teach me how to backup the device?
  • Which one is the menu key? I tried almost every button but I couldn't get to the recovery page.
  • can/should I try this one Moon Pro?
  • Can you please teach me how to backup the device?
    If you go into twrp recovery mode select Backup will select ✔ all partitions, and then select the backup path, the default path is internal sdcard, it is best to back up to external sdcard or usb.
    Thanked by 1uniqlo
  • Which one is the menu key? I tried almost every button but I couldn't get to the recovery page.
    There are two holes in the bottom of the TV box, you can try to use a toothpick to hold down one of its UPDATE, and then plugged in until you enter the recovery mode.