Sling TV Cantonese (TVBUSA)

Hey Everyone! I've been an owner of tvpad 3 and 4 and it's largely been disappointing and annoying with the inconsistent service. I've recently signed my parents up to Sling's cantonese TVBUSA service and so far so good. It's not cheap at $30/month but at least it's legit and reliable...Seems like most people here aren't fans of the service though :) I'm curious what you guys like and don't like about it?

FYI - I don't work for Sling lol...I'm just wondering what's so bad about the service and if it's worth keeping it for my parents...Is it really just the price?

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    $30 a month is a steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep price.

Take our sponsor napper for example, it's only $36 per year and you get the same content if not more.

If you keep it for more than 5 months, you can buy another device...

Asian people are cheap ;)
  • @padman yup I'm cheap too haha and I get the math...but the convenience of having a service that won't randomly get pulled is reassuring plus I've canceled their cable so their savings there makes up for this monthly cost. Any other folks have good or bad experiences with this? There's not much about this particular service online...
  • @padman yup I'm cheap too haha and I get the math...but the convenience of having a service that won't randomly get pulled is reassuring plus I've canceled their cable so their savings there makes up for this monthly cost. Any other folks have good or bad experiences with this? There's not much about this particular service online...
    your math is not good. $30 a month is too much. 99% of the people come to this site because of the tv boxes. because tv boxes have a lot more content. one payment until the box die or the tv box company change to a new name for new income. this will be the cycle for all the tv boxes. no box will last forever. i paid $200 for the tvpad4. got almost 3 years out of it. i'm not complaining.
  • @tylerlee fair enough...cost of these boxes will always be cheaper than the legit version - which I get. As for more content - another valid point...but for my purposes just reliable live TVB and some VOD content is all I need which is what you get with Sling.

Your last point is what I disagree with...you should not have to change hardware just to stream content. I hated this most about TVpad and believe this is where they are ripping people off. I come from an engineering background and can tell you that tvpad 3 and 4 are more than capable of high quality streams...The company has just chosen to rip off it's customers and introduce new costs to pad it's pocket (or maybe just to get around certain "rules").

In my situation, I purchased the TVpad 3 and 4 only to have used both for 2-3 months each total since I'm not at home often and now it's a paper weight in my office. I believe that quickly changes the math...
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Your tvpad 4 is not a paper weight, you can use it as an android box. With the monthly price at $30, you can just grab a yearly sub from our sponsor and call it a day. If it stops working the next month, you just sub back on sling.

No need to pick yourself a fight with money ;)
  • napper is a no brainer in my opinion. especially for live tv.
    You reallly should subscribe and get it on your Paper weight.
    heck if you find not use for it, please post it to me. :D
  • Looks like more and more TV Box taking off the Live Channel App. Any free live app with English and Cantonese Channels to recommended?
  • Looks like more and more TV Box taking off the Live Channel App. Any free live app with English and Cantonese Channels to recommended?
    Go through the forum it's discussed many locations.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/233/tvpad-4-m418-useful-files-firmware-apps#latest
    Looks like more and more TV Box taking off the Live Channel App. Any free live app with English and Cantonese Channels to recommended?