Is Small Seven Died?

Small Seven Box no longer watchable. The Facebook no more update. users no longer active,is it died?

Comments

• bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited July 2017
    SBTV app still working here on our old 1GB/8GB v3 s7box.

Generally, SBTV app reliability is terrible. Far worse than Unblock Tech's UBTV app. Either you cannot get into SBTV, or the channels are down in our experience.

I recall there has also been problems with apps (eg. 'SBTV backup') failing to download from the 'new' SS market (it has '3' in chinese in the app name) before Christmas.

Update: 15 Feb 2017: Since December, buffering has been a recurring problem on popular TV channels during peak viewing times. The SBTV app seems to have been recently updated, now called SBTV (2017) from their app store. Sadly, it doesn't resolve the buffering issues.

Update: 29 May 2017: From mid April, buffering has been significantly reduced. In past few weeks, we rarely notice any buffering on certain popular channels when they are working. Yesterday, SBTV app was updated - 'SBTV World' loads a LOT quicker. SBTV app also offered 5 day playback for certain popular channels - it was very similar to UBTV's offering, but the SBTV variant frequently froze the box. There is no 5 day playback in the new SBTV World app.

Update: 20 July 2017 Live TV streaming continues to be reliable. As good as ubox2 we also own. Not observed any buffering when channels are working. Small7's own VoD app for dramas is still hopeless if you wish to view latest HK dramas - streams often don't work.
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • 小七沒有死, 他們被同業的人網絡攻擊,服務不穩定,他們的人也很努力的。但是努力是努力,結果不好,產品沒有太大變化和創新。也就這樣了
  • i regret that i bought one of these box.the streaming is very poor .video freeze every few minutes or so totally lost interest in watching ,tried to contact on their facebook but never received any suggestion.think they are close to die
  • 小七沒有死, 他們被同業的人網絡攻擊,服務不穩定,他們的人也很努力的。但是努力是努力,結果不好,產品沒有太大變化和創新。也就這樣了
    So in this industry, you either make friends....or protect yourself with very high security on DDOS
    edited August 2017
    hmm, there was an update for SBTV live TV app today. Unfortunately, the update appears to have deleted SBTV and installed a new Focus TV app offering only sports channels.

Post edited by bamby8 on
  • My sbtv apps has lost change to focus tv, is there sbtv apps replacement or something?pls help
  • Why my SBTV not functioning anymore , it has changed to Focus TV due to an update , is there any solution towards this issue ?
    Here is Small 7's reply to my email enquiry:

您好,

鑑於某機頂盒品牌的零售商及消費者被刑事檢控,零售商及代理商更負上五年徒刑,故此本公司承諾與香港及台灣電視台及執法機關一起合作打擊非法機頂盒品牌,本軟件將會升級爲專注體育LIVE的DIgiturk正版授權內容,為用戶提供更長遠,更穩定,更專業的服務。

Google translate:

Hello,

In view of the fact that retailers and consumers of a set-top box brand are prosecuted by criminal prosecution, retailers and agents are more than five years' imprisonment, the Company is committed to working with Hong Kong and Taiwan TV stations and law enforcement agencies to combat illegal set-top box brands. For the focus on sports LIVE DIgiturk genuine authorized content, to provide users with more long-term, more stable, more professional services.

• That is a good excuse for discontinue their service and they will introduce a sub service after all. Time will tell.
  • akfakf
    edited August 2017
    Here is Small 7's reply to my email enquiry:

您好,

鑑於某機頂盒品牌的零售商及消費者被刑事檢控,零售商及代理商更負上五年徒刑,故此本公司承諾與香港及台灣電視台及執法機關一起合作打擊非法機頂盒品牌,本軟件將會升級爲專注體育LIVE的DIgiturk正版授權內容,為用戶提供更長遠,更穩定,更專業的服務。

Google translate:

Hello,

In view of the fact that retailers and consumers of a set-top box brand are prosecuted by criminal prosecution, retailers and agents are more than five years' imprisonment, the Company is committed to working with Hong Kong and Taiwan TV stations and law enforcement agencies to combat illegal set-top box brands. For the focus on sports LIVE DIgiturk genuine authorized content, to provide users with more long-term, more stable, more professional services.

That means it is as well as dead! ... btw... we only bought it for around 3 months.... x__X
  • Here is Small 7's reply to my email enquiry:

您好,

Google translate:

Hello,

That means it is as well as dead! ... btw... we only bought it for around 3 months.... x__X
    that's why people shouldn't buy new brand. most new box will come and go fast. i won't trust any new brand unless it proof something. and that something is time of service.
  • That is a good excuse for discontinue their service and they will introduce a sub service after all. Time will tell.
    Glad I didn't touch small 7 tech.

The only failure I did was following Moonbox. Other than that rest of the brands were worthwhile, TVpad, Evpad, Unblocktech
  • 535four535four Member
    edited August 2017
    Unfortunately I have a S7 3rd version, but, I didn't like much when I first got It, just leave it there collecting dust.
  • This is the most informative thread. I've found online. I got my box last April and was having all the trouble listed above by Fall 2016. Gave up using it since we only used it for live HK TV and the 5-day recorded programs, whxig was super cool when it worked.

So is there currently an app that will stream HK TV? I only found Mainland China channels. Someone mentioned the Unblock Box works better. How much better?
    edited November 2017
    The Focus sports TV app has been upgrade/replaced by new World Live app.

New channel list seems to be similar to old Focus TV app, but with a few non-sports channels thrown in, including return of some HK channels.
  • Feel like being cheated. The World Live app only worked for a while. Subsequent to the latest update, the World Live app becomes password protected. This means that you need to pay if you want to continue watching World Live. WeChat to "小七科技-白虎(總務事項)" or email to "[email protected]" both met with no response. That makes me feel helpless and frustrated. :'( Need to think it twice if you opt for this streaming device.
    edited December 2017
    I don't think they have switched to subscription model yet. Check the LAN address on the label underneath the box, and in Settings ->Ethernet menu, to see if it matches what is displayed on the screen.

We have a small7 box where there is a mismatch in the first character of the MAC address. I had no luck getting this fixed when emailing small7 last week - they don't seem to respond.

I've rooted the box and tried spoofing/changing the LAN address but the small7 box refuses to accept the changes.

A friend has same small7 box and World Live TV works fine when checked today.
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • I think Small 7 box has finally responded to the complaint by quietly ended the subscription model. I can see the World Live is back but all SOCCER channels are gone.
    bamby8.... can you please check with your friend if he experiences the same as I do? Thanks
    edited December 2017
    World Live started working today on my sbox, even though LAN address printed underneath box didn't match what was in Settings -> Ethernet menu - ie. first character was different.

Update: Looks like there are several hundred channels but all sports and some popular HK channels are gone. Friend with fully working sbox reports same loss of channels.

Post edited by bamby8 on
  • It seems like now the World Live app is just a copy of the free New Cloud TV app with "know-know" channels password unprotected. Also, there is a Test folder which the password 123456 doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know what's in there and what's the password?