HTV box version

I'm looking to purchase a HTV5 box for my parents to watch HK/China live TV and VOD in the UK but there is two version of the box, one is HTV5 and the other is A2, what is the difference and which one should I buy?

Thanks

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    They are the same thing.

A2 is the USA version of htv5.
  • They are the same thing.

A2 is the USA version of htv5.
    I emailed htv-box.com about how long the HTV5 box subscription is and was told it is only 1 year?

• More and more TV Box turn to subscription plan. No more free lunch. Bee Video also removed the TVB drama section. In the near future, everyone have to pay for subscription.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited July 2017
    @Casterina I think the guy that answered the email misinterpreted your question. He probably think you are asking about the other "version"

See the description here. http://www.htv-box.com/htv5-box
    H.TV 5 is the last generation of H.TV boxes. Apart from software and hardware upgrades it targets now 4 separate groups of customers:

Chinese Version - With mainly Chinese content. No yearly subscription
    Brazil Version (B7 Box) - With additional South American content. Yearly subscription of US $89. First year is free.
    Arabic Version - With additional Arabic content. Yearly subscription of US $89. First year is free.
    French Version - With additional French content. Yearly subscription of US $89. First year is free.
  • box1047box1047 Junior Member
    edited July 2017
    What is the best box to buy for TVB viewer in USA.
    Thanks
  • There's no such best box, they all have a risk to go down, to me, I would buy the cheapest one on the market.