Moonbox status?

So I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with the moonbox. Anyone has any idea? So as far as I know currently, fast fish is the new live streaming app for TV, cloud vod doesn't work anymore and there will be a new app being released. The Hong Kong replay app and the app for dramas are not working as well.

Can someone please clarify how to move forward? Does the fast fish subscription allow for hong kong tvb apps to be used? As I'm sure a lot of us here are trying to figure it out so the parentals will get their TV back. If anyone has any info to help clarify the status and any advice, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Comments

• Yowzers99Yowzers99 Junior Member
    Oh also, the TV treasures is down as well?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Based on what I've read on other forums, my speculation is the moonbox parent company is going to make moonbox subscription only and evpad be the new moonbox.

• the play stake of the game is that nothing is free for life. who knows if evpad is goin to end up like moonbox.
  • New info from another site;

hen I was shopping for a box for a friend back in February I learned that Model C was available at CAD150 vs the Pro model available at CAD200. The reseller told me that Moonbox was trying the subscription model in addition to the existing business model. Of course back in February the Model C would be installed with the old apps. I bought for for my friend a h.tv5 because of all the ugly business news on Moonbox the company from China. Moonbox was fined 10000rmb in May last year for false advertising to minority investors guaranteeing a 15 to 20% return on investment. In September last year Moonbox shut down their servers and no one was answering the phones prompting all these arm investors going to the police in Beijing. You can search for that small business news article from baidu.com. I "speculate" that Moonbox reopened the door last September to sell a bunch of Pro models and reopened the business again after Chinese new year to try solely on the subscription model. I think after shutting down and possibly selling their servers, Moonbox hopes to run a very low overhead business to survive the transition.
    Thanked by 1padman
  • I currently own MoonBox M3 Pro and I can confirm that the original apps that came with the unit not longer stream live content. The only apps that seem to work are the apps built to stream live content from china. I mainly watch the cantonese and now that is not possible at the momemnt with this unit. I did install the FastFish video app which did offer HK TV, however, the trial period was for 7 days only. After the trial period ended the app would recommend that you pay 30$US annual subsciption fee. I had the TVPAD3 and the unit doesn't connect to the servers anymore. I have a XiaoMi TV unit to which I dont use. I might just go get a subscription on www.tvbanywhere.com and get the HK channels I want.
  • I currently own MoonBox M3 Pro and I can confirm that the original apps that came with the unit not longer stream live content. The only apps that seem to work are the apps built to stream live content from china. I mainly watch the cantonese and now that is not possible at the momemnt with this unit. I did install the FastFish video app which did offer HK TV, however, the trial period was for 7 days only. After the trial period ended the app would recommend that you pay 30$US annual subsciption fee. I had the TVPAD3 and the unit doesn't connect to the servers anymore. I have a XiaoMi TV unit to which I dont use. I might just go get a subscription on www.tvbanywhere.com and get the HK channels I want.
    I went for TVBanywhere as well. Choice is limited but at least it is legal and reliable.
  • What is the different between TVB Anywehre and TVB Encore?
  • TVBanywhere just updated the app. The new app performed much worse than the old one. I wrote to them and no reply. May be it is wise to stay away for the time being.
  • Don't bother with Moonbox. I've had it. PRO version worked for a month then they cancelled all built in apps. I won't trust any boxes anymore just buy subscription if you got the hardware
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    What is the different between TVB Anywehre and TVB Encore?
    Tvb encore is specific to USA. It's free to use cuz there are ads