TvPad4 Was just restricted after ota update to 5.066 1-16-17

One of my family members updated the tvpad to 5.066, it erased the tvpad and now the tvpad is restricted and says i need to contact the seller. Seller website taken over by the lawsuit paperwork no contact information, I just need to know if there is anything I can do or if this is finally it for my tvpad

Comments

• cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    edited January 2017
    One of my family members updated the tvpad to 5.066, it erased the tvpad and now the tvpad is restricted and says i need to contact the seller. Seller website taken over by the lawsuit paperwork no contact information, I just need to know if there is anything I can do or if this is finally it for my tvpad
    Are you follow the instruction. After update to V5.066 you need change the network setting from manual back to auto.Unplug the power and reconnect it to see what happen............
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @beauu try contacting Thomas

See his post.
    Thanked by 1beauu
  • Yes I've changed to auto unplugged for 1 min. and then plugged back in. works for a couple minutes and then it becomes restricted.
    Yes I've changed to auto unplugged for 1 min. and then plugged back in. works for a couple minutes and then it becomes restricted.
    Yes it sounds strange. If your Pad is on black list. Shouldn't play at all not even 1 min.Ok let we check this way when your pad is restricted again go to network setting to check is on auto or manual...........
    Thanked by 1beauu
  • ughhhhhh... I have no idea what happened but its working now. I left it unplugged for the night, didnt mess with any of the network setting since last time. Plugged it in today and bam it works fine... kinda annoyed and very gratefull. Was getting ready to buy a bluetv or get sling tv taiwan lol. Thanks for the Help even tho you probably deal with the same questions over and over.
  • Yes in FW5.066 it would work like 5 minutes and get restricted. I returned using VPN using manual DNS from besthkdns
    http://www.bestdns.org/for/hk/
    Now is fine and have access to apps in the TVpad store
  • Family told me it stopped working again :/ , didn't care to take a look. Just put in my order for a bluetv, and if the fam likes it I'll get a couple more.
  • ChebnChebn Junior Member
    Yes in FW5.066 it would work like 5 minutes and get restricted. I returned using VPN using manual DNS from besthkdns
    http://www.bestdns.org/for/hk/
    Now is fine and have access to apps in the TVpad store
    Which DNS did u use? I tried one but after like a minute I get user restricted
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    downgrade method is available now to get a rid of restricted message:

https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/1071/downgrading-tvpad-4-to-5-054#latest
  • I have a way to make your restricted tvpad 4 working again if you have user restricted message. All you need is a mouse, plug in the mouse and use it to click on the app, such as yuetv or others, once the app opens use you remote as normal.
    Thanked by 1tomato123
  • Alright Dualmax! Thank you!
    I have a way to make your restricted tvpad 4 working again if you have user restricted message. All you need is a mouse, plug in the mouse and use it to click on the app, such as yuetv or others, once the app opens use you remote as normal.
    It is only working in 5 minute then kick you out with the apps .

• It is only working in 5 minute then kick you out with the apps .

Are you sure because I can watch it for a while without kick me out, you just need to use a mouse to click on it.
    It is only working in 5 minute then kick you out with the apps .

Are you sure because I can watch it for a while without kick me out, you just need to use a mouse to click on it.

Yes for me just kick me out within 5 minute got to be use mouse to start the apps.remote control is not allow.
  • I took the tvpad for myself, tried the mouse and it seems to work fine for now. Installed Kodi and some other things on it. If I have anymore issues I'll probably downgrade it. Thx
  • It is only working in 5 minute then kick you out with the apps .

Yes for me just kick me out within 5 minute got to be use mouse to start the apps.remote control is not allow.

Using the mouse trick is no good for the elderly for sure :#
    No 535four I am confirm Tvpad4 user restricted fix from Benxiong is good to go .After you installed everything chose the Lancher 3 to allways route to boot up the tvpad 4 .Then the remote contorl is working normal again and no more kick out from the apps.(also we also got some bonus .can change the back ground picture in home page too).

• Good to know cheuk5 but I'll leave it alone as long as it's working.