Bypass restricted message in YueTV

padmanpadman Moderator
edited April 2017 in TVPad / BlueTV
Just confirmed this on my Canadian TVP4 and it does work !

Running 0.42
dualmax
4:14PM Flag
I have a way to make your restricted tvpad 4 working again if you have user restricted message. All you need is a mouse, plug in the mouse and use it to click on the app, such as yuetv or others, once the app opens use you remote as normal. strange!
Post edited by padman on
Tagged:

Comments

• A wireless mouse for those couch potatoes????
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Haha yep. You actually just need to do it once. Quite amazing LOL
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    There two types of limit after firmware 5.060 up.

1) restricted message home screen( you will see red x on user and you cannot select anything (apps) on home screen.

2) Apps regional error message. YueTV only for USA use and if you use on other country, it will show region error message after like few minutes of usage.
  • Thanks to Padman and everyone who post helpful workarounds I upgraded to fw 5.066 on my TVpad4 and had no connection to any apps. Then I tried the mouse on the app and it works
    only for the HK app for both live and VOD. At least I am able to watch something now. All the other apps don't seem to load.
  • ChebnChebn Junior Member
    Thank you so much Padman!

For me, I had to use HK DNS (with US IP) to get the Restricted Message, after that I was able to use the mouse to open the Yue app.
    Quick update, not sure if it's just me, but seems like the playback stops and exits in between 10-20 mins.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Quick update, not sure if it's just me, but seems like the playback stops and exits in between 10-20 mins.
    Yes I have same symptoms.
    I ended up downgrading the system back to 5.054
    Thanked by 1Lily1981
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    I left the Yuetv 0.42 running all day. The stream didn't cut off. Except I got another restricted message.
  • yep it works.but i have to try it a few times......thax for the tip
  • I ended up downgrading the system back to 5.054
    Hello everyone and Chebn. I'm from NY. I upgraded to fw 5.066 on tvpad4. I have the same issue with the playback stopping and exiting to the main menu after about 15-20mins. Is the solution to downgrade to fw 5.054 and then select a HK DNS with the Free DNS website? Many thanks
    For YueTV app......You shouldn't need to set any DNS if you are in NY. Just leave it auto.
    I ended up downgrading the system back to 5.054
    Hello everyone and Chebn. I'm from NY. I upgraded to fw 5.066 on tvpad4. I have the same issue with the playback stopping and exiting to the main menu after about 15-20mins. Is the solution to downgrade to fw 5.054 and then select a HK DNS with the Free DNS website? Many thanks
  • my tvpad4 have a window pop up 您所在區域限制使用 at yue app. any one know what happen?
  • I have downgrade to 5.045 and use hk dns
    This mean your ip address is not in USA.
    my tvpad4 have a window pop up 您所在區域限制使用 at yue app. any one know what happen?
  • I think so .
  • i just find out my ip address is in USA . i use my own ip address . i'm in minneasota USA
    you don't need to set dns if you are in USA, just leave it auto
    i just find out my ip address is in USA . i use my own ip address . i'm in minneasota USA
  • I do leave it at auto .but still the same.
    Then you may try to do a factory reset and reinstall the apps. Make sure you download the latest version of YueTV version 0.42 from this link:

https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/233/tvpad-4-m418-useful-files-firmware-apps#latest
    I do leave it at auto .but still the same.