TVPad4 not powering up

Hi,

My TVPad4 is not powering up. When I plug it in, it only shows the TVPad logo with a black background. It won't get to the Apps page. Does anyone know what is causing this and any solution to fix it? Thanks for your help!

Comments

• 535four535four Member
    edited October 2016
    Plug the mouse in USB, use the mouse left click and hold go to the top pull down twice above the minute digits like 12, it's above the 2 digit , pull down once you'll see a white line on top of it then pull on the white line you'll see the setting menu, look for back up and restore, it will re-flash and erased all apps, after finished reinstall apps that you want, all the files and apps are on here TVPAD4 forum, good luck.
  • VeronicaVeronica Junior Member
    Plug the mouse in USB, use the mouse left click and hold go to the top pull down twice above the minute digits like 12, it's above the 2 digit , pull down once you'll see a white line on top of it then pull on the white line you'll see the setting menu, look for back up and restore, it will re-flash and erased all apps, after finished reinstall apps that you want, all the files and apps are on here TVPAD4 forum, good luck.
    Thanks for your quick response. I tried plugging in a usb mouse but nothing happened. Is there supposed to be mouse pointer on the screen? As I am not seeing a mouse pointer but I still tried your method and pulled down but nothing happened. I just want to be clear, my TVPad4 is only showing the TVPad logo with a black background, it doesn't even go the apps page. It also doesn't boot up the way it used to. It's stuck on the TVpad logo with a black background. Anything else I can do to fix this issue?

• 535four535four Member
    edited October 2016
    I never done this before but worth to try.
    Unplug the power for your box, then push a paper clip in the hole at the bottom of your tvpad press and hold it for 10 second and plug the power back at the same time, wait a couple second release the pin, hopefully will bring back to life.
    I never done this before but worth to try.
    Unplug the power for your box, then push a paper clip in the hole at the bottom of your tvpad press and hold it for 10 second and plug the power back at the same time, wait a couple second release the pin, hopefully will bring back to life.
    I have tried this method before, nothing happened. Any other ways to fix this?
  • 535four535four Member
    edited October 2016
    Sorry, please ask padman or someone who knows how to re-flash the firmware or someone can share the firmware 5.054 to download if you're in USA.

ANYONE can re-up the firmware?? the one padman provided was dead.
    Post edited by 535four on
    Sorry, please ask padman or someone who knows how to re-flash the firmware or someone can share the firmware 5.054 to download if you're in USA.

ANYONE can re-up the firmware?? the one padman provided was dead.
    Thanks for your help so far. It's probably a hardware issue and if it is then I have no clue what would have caused it as I've never dropped the device. I've been taking care of it even the remote control. I'm just very disappointed that my TVPad is dead and it's less than a year. So sad.

If anyone has any advise on how I can get this thing up and running again. Please do share. Thanks!

• cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    For sure the fix way from 535four follow the step it should work be patient :3 B)
  • For sure the fix way from 535four follow the step it should work be patient :3 B)
    sweet! B)
    For sure the fix way from 535four follow the step it should work be patient :3 B)
    Unfortunately, these two methods did not work as mentioned earlier. I wished it did as it looked so promising but didn't. The second method about pushing a pin in the reset button hole, I did that and I couldn't feel anything in the hole that requires pushing but I did it anyways...nothing happened.

@cheuk5 did you experienced the same problem I am having and were able to revive your device with the methods mentioned by 535four?
    edited October 2016
    That's all I know they try to skip the reset button under the pin hole after some period .Than you need to open the box and do the trick on circuit board dam it !!!!!!!! B)

• 535four535four Member
    edited October 2016
    Unfortunately, these two methods did not work as mentioned earlier. I wished it did as it looked so promising but didn't. The second method about pushing a pin in the reset button hole, I did that and I couldn't feel anything in the hole that requires pushing but I did it anyways...nothing happened.

@cheuk5 did you experienced the same problem I am having and were able to revive your device with the methods mentioned by 535four?
    @Veronica Today my sister in-law brought in a TVPad4 with logo hang on screen nothing else unable to boot like your's.
    I have had experience and had an chance to hands on this box to run a restore.
    Follow my method and it's worked, you have to use a small paper clip use as a pin to press down hard until you hear a click then plug in the power and wait, be patient wait for the logo appear then release the pin and let it run, it will ask you select a method to run, select the first one first see if it can reboot the box, otherwise do it over again if it can not boot normally, then started over the procedures and wait until you see a logo appeared then release the pin and wait for the selection window, this time select "wipe data/factory reset and press OK on remote another window and make a selection on YES then it will warn you to be sure to continue, after erased the box (it takes awhile, be patient ;-) I have to erased 3 times to made it work. Now reboot itself and set up menu will show ask you just like a new box setup. Good Luck.

1. https://postimg.org/image/lw3gig5ir/

2. https://postimg.org/image/nitb38d8x/

3. https://postimg.org/image/6tsnhfrpv/

4. https://postimg.org/image/uq1sqw931/
    Post edited by 535four on
    Thanked by 1padman
    @535four - Thanks again for your help. I did, however, tried your pin pushing method couple times (believe me, I have been very patient with this box) but when I pushed in the pin, all I could hear was the pin hitting the bottom of the box, I couldn't feel any button that requires a push. I've tried this several times. I really do appreciate your help in providing valuable information. I will give it a try again and if I can revive the box successfully, I will definitely let you know. Thanks again!
    @535four - Thanks again for your help. I did, however, tried your pin pushing method couple times (believe me, I have been very patient with this box) but when I pushed in the pin, all I could hear was the pin hitting the bottom of the box, I couldn't feel any button that requires a push. I've tried this several times. I really do appreciate your help in providing valuable information. I will give it a try again and if I can revive the box successfully, I will definitely let you know. Thanks again!
    If you only hear was the pin hitting the bottom of the box, It means your box was omit the reset button then you need to open the box to do the trick .
  • There are a few questions need to be answered.
    1. Does your android box with any issues before you update?
    2. Do you ever install some app before that happen?
    3. Do you try to uninstall the app to see whether solve the matter?
    4. Do you ever adjust the setting?

So far as I know, installing the Chinese VOD App, "BEE Video" on my Android 4.2 Sunchip box might either result other app not functional and result internet connectivity issues. when you uninstall the app or clean reset the box, then your android box will back to normal.

Mistakenly adjusted the setting might also corrupt the system and making almost impossible to flash your machine.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited October 2016
    @Veronica so sorry to hear that, try to move around the pin see if you can feel anything but last open the box as cheuk5 mention, remove the rubber feet see if a screw in it, if none, forget it, it's hard to open up. My advise, send it to someone to fix it.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited October 2016
    There are a few questions need to be answered.
    1. Does your android box with any issues before you update?
    2. Do you ever install some app before that happen?
    3. Do you try to uninstall the app to see whether solve the matter?
    4. Do you ever adjust the setting?

So far as I know, installing the Chinese VOD App, "BEE Video" on my Android 4.2 Sunchip box might either result other app not functional and result internet connectivity issues. when you uninstall the app or clean reset the box, then your android box will back to normal.

Mistakenly adjusted the setting might also corrupt the system and making almost impossible to flash your machine.

My sister in-law's box has never been modified, sometime it's the power has been failed due to some reasons.
    Whatever the reason is when your box bricked is bricked, I was gladly that I can put a hand on it and it's fixable. I hope these procedures can help out others to solve their TVPad 4.
    @Veronica so sorry to hear that, try to move around the pin see if you can feel anything but last open the box as cheuk5 mention, remove the rubber feet see if a screw in it, if none, forget it, it's hard to open up. My advise, send it to someone to fix it.
    Yes it was 4 screw under rubber feet
  • @Veronica so sorry to hear that, try to move around the pin see if you can feel anything but last open the box as cheuk5 mention, remove the rubber feet see if a screw in it, if none, forget it, it's hard to open up. My advise, send it to someone to fix it.
    Yes it was 4 screw under rubber feet
    It should be easy then..
  • @535four - Thanks again for your help. I did, however, tried your pin pushing method couple times (believe me, I have been very patient with this box) but when I pushed in the pin, all I could hear was the pin hitting the bottom of the box, I couldn't feel any button that requires a push. I've tried this several times. I really do appreciate your help in providing valuable information. I will give it a try again and if I can revive the box successfully, I will definitely let you know. Thanks again!
    As of yesterday night, my tvpad 4 is officially in a situation that is probably worse than Veronica's. When plugged in, the pad has green light on, thats it. The TV cannot detect any signal. I have tried to pin/reset method as well but it is a no go. It seems like it is a hardware issue?

Anyone else experienced this issue before?
  • Have you try another TV or another HDMI cable? Did you press and feel something click? you to hold down until you see a tvpad logo, but I suggest you try another TV first.