華人電視 HDKAN end its free trial

Comments

• Well you need to input your registered email address with them. It'll then take you to the PayPal page. After paying you get a message saying that your payment is accepted and your subscription starts immediately. Reopen the app and hey presto, it works. So it is very quick. I haven't had any buffering problems so far and the replay function works as well.

So far so good.
    how many playback days in hdkan.com? the trial one has only 2 days
    7 days playback.
    It's quite good but they do have a problem with their editing.
  • Yea.. it's not too bad for $49 a year and their video quality is very good, now you can installed it on your iPlayer ;)
    I do have it installed on the iplayer. I haven't tried the others. I wonder if I could use the same account on my android phone?

There are still some buffering problems. I don't know if anyone else has this problem? Usually what happens is that a section in a programme keeps repeating itself several times and then freezes. Even if I switch channels and come back to it the programme is either still repeating itself or freeze again. It doesn't help if I turn off the app and on again.

It doesn't happen often but when it does it is around when the dramas are being shown. I hope they can sort this out because it can be quite annoying.

I'm using an ethernet cable and not wifi, and my speed is around 60-70mbps.
  • It does happened when I'd put it on iPlayer, MiniX h8, and 1st edition of A95X, itkept repeating on the first 5 miuntes, but when I put it on UBox, Beelink X2 and the second edition of A95X which is Android 6.0 was not happen, no repeating. It must be the hardware issue.

You may try to put on your phone see if it works, there's no harm to try but I think it's working only one device at a time.

• Yeah, that means it could mean a hardware problem. I've bought a new much more powerful android box (haven't arrived yet) to use with kodi, and I'll definitely install hdkan on it to see if it's a hardware problem.
  • yea...wait for your report :)
  • Yeah, that means it could mean a hardware problem. I've bought a new much more powerful android box (haven't arrived yet) to use with kodi, and I'll definitely install hdkan on it to see if it's a hardware problem.
    Although most box with All winner chip normally runs Android 4.11 OS, it is no doubt that Most box with Allwinner chip is lesser compatibility issues. That's the reason I advise my friend go for Taiwanese brand Rocktek A2.
    Although most box with All winner chip normally runs Android 4.11 OS, it is no doubt that Most box with Allwinner chip is lesser compatibility issues. That's the reason I advise my friend go for Taiwanese brand Rocktek A2.
    Don't know about the all winner chip.
    This is what I bought:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nexbox-a95x-amlogic-s905x-2gb-16gb-sd-slot-android-6-2-4-5ghz-dual-band-wifi-4k-2508845

It's being shipped from China so may take a couple weeks to arrive.
  • edited September 2016
    I got the Exclusive Model Nexbox A3, and waiting to be shipped from Guangzhou.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZGUHWN?m=A1RKV2VP8T03D1&ref_=v_sp_detail_page
  • I installed the phone apk to my spare android phone. The permissions for the apk are way overboard so do not install on your primary phone. My antivirus flagged it up as a PuP. Doesn't mean it has malware but better to be safe.

Let me say that this app is just wow. Absolutely unbelievably good. Really smooth playback, the quality is outstanding, and switching channels is very easy and quick. You just press a button and a list of all the channels shows up - you just scroll up or down to choose a channel. You even get the 7 day playback as well.

Audio can be a bit hit and miss. Some channels are louder than others so it can be a problem when switching channels and suddenly the audio becomes very loud.

It does drain the battery, and the phone becomes hot when using for a while.

Overall, I am very impressed with the app so far.

Anybody else has noticed that they keep adding/deleting channels? Most of the Japanese channels are gone.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Image from phone.

https://s16.postimg.org/nrjhjorz9/20160916_015517.jpg
    This apps coast you $49 per year is not a bad choice :3
  • Image from phone.

So it's working on your phone to share you box's subscription right? but you only use 1 device at a time?

I'd installed on my phone when it first came out, like you say an excellent app, but watch out it will run out your phone's data fast when you're not using wifi.
  • Image from phone.

So it's working on your phone to share you box's subscription right? but you only use 1 device at a time?

I'd installed on my phone when it first came out, like you say an excellent app, but watch out it will run out your phone's data fast when you're not using wifi.
    Yeah it shares your subscription. I've tried using both devices at once and it does work, but not for the same channel as one will freeze. It works if you watch different channels. I've only tried it for a few minutes so don't know if it still works if you watch it for an extended time.
  • There is an apk called Shell TV is similar to HDkan.
  • There is an apk called Shell TV is similar to HDkan.
    Can you PM the link? I'm looking for paid subscription service.

If you know any other pay subscription service, let me know them as well.
  • You can check the third party app section.
  • You can check the third party app section.
    Well, I checked. Nothing about Shell TV apk.

Would be nice if you share it.
  • My new A95X box arrived today, and I tried to install hdkan tv apk on it. Unfortunately it doesn't work. There's an error while opening the app.

However the app works when I installed the Android phone/pad apk on it. Which is really weird.

I know I should be happy that the app works anyhow, but the problem with the phone apk is that you can't change channels with the remote - you have to use a mouse/track pad which is annoying.

I'll have to think of a way to get the tv apk to install but no luck so far. Any ideas anyone?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    what's the error ?
  • My new A95X box arrived today, and I tried to install hdkan tv apk on it. Unfortunately it doesn't work. There's an error while opening the app.

However the app works when I installed the Android phone/pad apk on it. Which is really weird.

I know I should be happy that the app works anyhow, but the problem with the phone apk is that you can't change channels with the remote - you have to use a mouse/track pad which is annoying.

I'll have to think of a way to get the tv apk to install but no luck so far. Any ideas anyone?
    I got 2 A95X boxes installed the app no issue, try to install the 1.08 version see if it work.