TVB Australia Action and Warning Against Ubox,etc

UBOX and other boxes may follow the faith of TVPAD one day soon.

In Australia, TVB Australia have started to take action against these manufactures.

Please refer to the link below.

From TVB Australia
http://www.tvb.com.au/neo/blog/15033

From Youtube contributor

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    Meh.... Can't sue them all
  • 535four535four Member
    edited April 2016
    Friend of mine just came back from China, he says all the media boxes was off the shelf and no longer for sale now.
  • Who cares about TVB Australia. Their box is a ripoff at $60 a month.

TVB programs are dead in the water. All their actors and actresses left their stations. It is not lik the 90s and early 2000s any more.

That station is worthless now. Nothing good to watch and all good shows are finished.

They try to scare people but can they enforce it? I doubt it. One dies another spawns.
  • no matter how bad the program was, the older folks still love to watch it.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @535four The china situation is different than what these companies are suing for.

China government is trying to wall off outside contents.

• wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    I am bit surprise TVB Canada did not take any action following US, since Canada is dominated by a lot of chinese from HK.
  • ZipoZipo Junior Member
    TVB sued tvpad and won, it just made my 5 older tvpad3 dead, but look, tvpad4 still working and some still selling too as they come up with another name call "cool box", the market for these tvbox are so large and cheap to make, they can sue all they want. If my ubox last over a year, I got my money worth
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    TVB sued tvpad and won, it just made my 5 older tvpad3 dead, but look, tvpad4 still working and some still selling too as they come up with another name call "cool box", the market for these tvbox are so large and cheap to make, they can sue all they want. If my ubox last over a year, I got my money worth
    If tvb sued tvpad alone, I don think they would have won. The American companies got involved in that lawsuit which helped them. As many others have indicated, tvpad 1-3 ran on their own software. Tvpad 4 and all these others are using android. I'm not sure if any company would want to wage a war with android boxes because there are many out there and the biggest backer of android is Google. We only speak of the known ones here but if you search online, there's hundreds of these boxes.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited April 2016
    make sense.........