Napper English IPTV Streaming //

how is ur ubox today?

booboolee
booboolee
So its finally March 28th, the unblock tech co. promised to have completed all their updates by today, so therefore at this point we should all have perfectly working uboxes....i would like to hear from those that did indeed proceed with the winlauncher 3.3.4 update, how is ur box is acting after the update...is it better or worse? Do u regret doing it? And others can chime in too; what do u love or hate about the new 3.3.4 version

Comments

  • bamby8
    bamby8
    Junior Member edited March 28, 2016
    I wish our ubox will stay on 3.3.4 winlauncher. It keeps reverting back to stock 3.1.0 launcher after every 2nd shutdown/restart following the prompt to update to launcher 3.3.4.

    Dealer suggested resetting the ubox. Sadly it didn't solve the problem.

    For the moment, we've decided not to bother turning the ubox off until I can find a solution.

    3.1.0 winlauncher suffers from the screen reset bug. ie. virtually unusable.

    fwiw, you can use shortcuts to get around the non-customisable nature of 3.3.4 launcher if that helps. Look for the 'Fn' icon on bottom of the launcher.

    Access to UBTV still comes and goes.

    At the moment, UVOD and UBrec are not streaming anything but they were working fine earlier today.


    Update: As a temporary workaround to permit the ubox to be powered off when not in use, I installed 'Simple TV Launcher' from Google Play store to become default launcher on boot up. Also set up Shortcuts in winlauncher, so numeric buttons on remote can be used to access the replacement launcher, and other apps such as UBTV, Ulive, HDPtv, UVOD, UBrec etc. Sadly, the HOME button on remote always goes to winlauncher.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.cosinus.launchertv
  • elisa28
    elisa28
    Ubtv working fine. My oversea version 3.3.4. When I switch off the box, I always un-plug the power cord. If I want watch I just plug it back.
    Don't know if will work for you guys.
  • kkty
    kkty
    Hi. I updated my ubtv box yesterday. however, my home screen keeps resetting. its hard to navigate the screen when it randomly resets. anyone have the same issue? I cannot access the store either. also, how do i check what version of the winlauncher i have?
  • bamby8
    bamby8
    Junior Member edited March 28, 2016
    go to bottom of the main winlauncher screen and click on the little cog wheel (Settings). Version appears along bottom of the screen. Is it by any chance showing 3.1.0 even though you updated to 3.3.4 earlier?

  • booboolee
    booboolee
    bamby8 said:

    I wish our ubox will stay on 3.3.4 winlauncher. It keeps reverting back to stock 3.1.0 launcher after every 2nd shutdown/restart following the prompt to update to launcher 3.3.4.

    Dealer suggested resetting the ubox. Sadly it didn't solve the problem.

    For the moment, we've decided not to bother turning the ubox off until I can find a solution.

    3.1.0 winlauncher suffers from the screen reset bug. ie. virtually unusable.

    fwiw, you can use shortcuts to get around the non-customisable nature of 3.3.4 launcher if that helps. Look for the 'Fn' icon on bottom of the launcher.

    Access to UBTV still comes and goes.

    At the moment, UVOD and UBrec are not streaming anything but they were working fine earlier today.


    Update: As a temporary workaround to permit the ubox to be powered off when not in use, I installed 'Simple TV Launcher' from Google Play store to become default launcher on boot up. Also set up Shortcuts in winlauncher, so numeric buttons on remote can be used to access the replacement launcher, and other apps such as UBTV, Ulive, HDPtv, UVOD, UBrec etc. Sadly, the HOME button on remote always goes to winlauncher.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.cosinus.launchertv

    Thanx for the update...sounds like it sucks, its great that u can handle the mess though....and thanx for all ur input, its a great help to lots of us
  • wsthong
    wsthong
    Just Watchin`
    I have read that the update involved 3 steps. Update firmware, winlauncher and apkhelper. Once these have been all updated ignore further update prompt as it will cause issues.
  • booboolee
    booboolee
    wsthong said:

    I have read that the update involved 3 steps. Update firmware, winlauncher and apkhelper. Once these have been all updated ignore further update prompt as it will cause issues.

    Oh shoot, this is news to me....i thought i was facing one simple winlauncher update...but it sounds like more than that. Ok so i'm going to power the box, and it will ask me if i want to update the version to 3.3.4....so this time i will say yes, and......if somebody that clearly remembers the next steps after that could very kindly chime in....i would be so much more confident following simple steps...or at least know what i'm to expect....i'm super nervous attempting these updates, i am traumatized from tvpad3
  • markthady
    markthady
    Junior Member
    nothing working today - ubtv and vod.... promised by easter monday and still....
  • bamby8
    bamby8
    Junior Member edited March 29, 2016
    booboolee said:

    .....if somebody that clearly remembers the next steps after that could very kindly chime in....

    The update procedure is painless as I've done it so many times due to a weird issue with my UBox being stuck in winlauncher downgrade/upgrade loop.

    Accept the notification to upgrade winlauncher 3.3.4. On completing the installation, the new winlauncher will be presented to you. The 'Downloads' tile on the launcher will be replaced by one called 'APK Helper'. In the 'Online TV' tile you will see four tiles labelled S1 to S4.

    I don't think it matters which order you do it. You can either click on the 'APK Helper' tile and press the middle button within the app to forcibly download and (re)install/update the apps. It is a one-click process. Quit the APK Helper when finished (right most button).

    Or, you can click through each of the S1 to S4 tiles if you just wish to update/use the live TV apps. If any are out of date or not present, it will download each apk for you and prompt you to install it.



    Thanked by 1booboolee
  • kkty
    kkty
    so my winlauncher version shows 3.0.0_overseas. how do i update the winlauncher?
  • booboolee
    booboolee
    bamby8 said:

    booboolee said:

    .....if somebody that clearly remembers the next steps after that could very kindly chime in....

    The update procedure is painless as I've done it so many times due to a weird issue with my UBox being stuck in winlauncher downgrade/upgrade loop.

    Accept the notification to upgrade winlauncher 3.3.4. On completing the installation, the new winlauncher will be presented to you. The 'Downloads' tile on the launcher will be replaced by one called 'APK Helper'. In the 'Online TV' tile you will see four tiles labelled S1 to S4.

    I don't think it matters which order you do it. You can either click on the 'APK Helper' tile and press the middle button with the app to forcibly download and (re)install/update the apps. It is a one-click process. Quit the APK Helper when finished (right most button).

    Or, you can click through each of the S1 to S4 tiles if you just wish to update/use the live TV apps. If any are out of date or not present, it will download each apk for you and prompt you to install it.



    Thank u very much....i will attempt it tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed that mine will be painless too !
  • bamby8
    bamby8
    Junior Member
    fyi, I've just seen two posts in English on UB's facebook forum from two other ppl with exactly the same problem as my Ubox where it is stuck in a winlauncher 3.3.4 upgrade/downgrade cycle.

  • padman
    padman
    Moderator
    @bamby8 Do they even provide support on the facebook page ?
  • bamby8
    bamby8
    Junior Member
    I think UB only provide 'responses' on their facebook page to some posts. I wouldn't call it 'technical support'...
  • elisa28
    elisa28
    My box work fine, fantastic. All apps working. Ubtv very stable. Every channel I click comes up instantly.
    Overseas version 3.3.4
  • neonlight
    neonlight
    After the overseas update 3.34, apart from UBTV, nothing else can work including Replay app and UVOD always show 0kb.

    I also notice it seem to have a backup UBTV app similar to Moonbox.

    My Moonbox M3 is broken otherwise I will still relte Moonbox better than UBOX
  • fred
    fred
    Hi any1 know how to install UBmarket?or where to get the link to install UBmarket.MY box UBmarket and ubtv app disappear after I do a factory reset.Can anyone pls help?Thk in advance.
  • bamby8
    bamby8
    Junior Member edited April 5, 2016
    You can download and install UB winlauncher 3.3.4 apk from USB flash, from file found in the post in this page posted by killer23d:

    http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/675/ub-launcher-3-3-4-ota-20160325-update#latest

    file download link:
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E48F81EF74C1A10C!148&authkey=!AFHLdaSx1IodVHE&ithint=file,apk

    Once installed, click on the Apkhelper tile to redownload all the core apps.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Legal disclaimer: This site do not sell Tvpads nor any streaming device. No files related to such devices are stored on our website.
This is a public forum. We cannot be held responsible on what individuals do on this forum privately.