UBOX Gen 2 - really bad buffering

We're getting really bad buffering on both live and play-back UBTV apps this week - anyone else having the same problem and any suggested fixes please?

Comments

• bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    If you are using wireless connection, have you tried hard wired connection to your router ?

• That's the thing, the UBOX is already hard-wired to the router. The buffering problem only started this week
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    Long shot, but try using the Speed Up button found in the Settings icon on bottom of Ubox home page. This will clear out the cache.

Otherwise, suggest you test alternative apps on Ubox to see if buffering is also a problem with content not supplied by UB. eg. Youtube, HDP from UB Market.

There are also guides for installing vChannel and AzDrama on KODI in this forum.
  • Thanks for the suggestions, will give those a go
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Since its CNY, I think nobody is watching over the network over there :p
  • ^^^ Haha, that explains it!

When we used TVPad3 there were always service outages and problems during Chinese festivals and holidays
  • not sure. my Ubox is playing fine and don't really get any buffering issues
  • echeng2echeng2 Junior Member
    My solution is to pause for a short while like 1 to 2 min after seeing the buffering message. Then restart. I found the longer you pause, you have less chance to see the message.