HTV Box

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone have any experience with this device? The guy that sold me the TVPad suggested this box and that this is better than the TVPad. Not sure if that is true or if it is any reliable?

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    @Totsubo im getting a htv3 for review sometime next week. Stay tuned
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    I have both the 2 and 3 version. No noticeable difference between the two. In fact I'm telling friends to get the 2 due to the lower price and unknown future of these boxes. They work exactly the same. Wifi is weak so I suggest to connect it with a Ethernet cord. You only use 6 main apps. 2 for live, 2 for VOD and 2 for replay. Each app is extensive in content and fully functional. I say 2 of each kind because one is for mainland stuff and the other is for HK stuff. I like it much better than the tvpad.
  • steven5354steven5354 Junior Member
    I just bought the 3 for $180 . I like the 7 days playback much better than TVpad
    Thanked by 1modernpicasso
    That's super cheap. The 3 is selling for $299 on the official site and around $220 from other sellers.
  • TvpaderTvpader Junior Member
    edited January 2016
    I think a lot of time the ease of navigation is a big key since it is mainly for elder.

Please let know how this compare to tvpad?
    Post edited by Tvpader on
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    Has anyone else observed the 7 day Cantonese Playback app offered on hTV3 looks awfully like the app included in videos I've seen for the Unblock Tech box? Only difference is the order of the listed channels.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @steven5354 you seemed to be buying a lot of boxes
    Honestly it's very easy to use. The menus are separated in 3 sections I mentioned. You can keep the menus in English or Chinese. Again the 7 day playback programming and VOD is way more extensive than what tvpad had. Also live channels also include some American ones as well.
    The playback on the HTV3 is continuous for the day. TV pad playback is not 24 hour programming and you have to select each time slot of programming to watch. They also has many older TVB drama available on VOD.
    If you have the first three generations of TV pad, I think the HTV3 much better and the picture is much better

@steven5354 you seemed to be buying a lot of boxes
    Just 2. I know the Htv3 would work. It was recommended by my neighbor which sold me the TVPad. The EBay seem to have many features so I gave it a try since they didn't ask for too much.
  • RwckRwck Junior Member
    Hi I am wondering any of you HTV user experiencing any out of sync issue on YueGang TV on TVB HD Jade, J2, and TVB News channel? Thanks.
    Haha. I'm lucky the apps actually loads. After the latest firmware upgrade, some apps been acting up and the machine kind of freezes during power on. Had to unplug power source and plug it back in. Videos been skipping as well. Also found the 7 day replay for tvb stuff to buffer ALOT. When it works, it works really well and when it doesn't, it's annoying. I guess it's already better than my tvpad paperweight.
  • strpywstrpyw Junior Member
    Honestly it's very easy to use. The menus are separated in 3 sections I mentioned. You can keep the menus in English or Chinese. Again the 7 day playback programming and VOD is way more extensive than what tvpad had. Also live channels also include some American ones as well.
    what live american channels please specify
  • ngoianniengoiannie Junior Member
    anyone can compare this to ubox? how is the connection if using wifi on either one?
    Just an FYI. there's no support for the device. If it fails, you're on your own. There are fan forums but nothing official from the makers of the device. They have a website where the device is sold but the "support" section is pretty much a fake page as I don't see any official response to issues. So buy at own risk.
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    Has anyone emailed any support questions to HTV and successfully got a reply from them?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @bamby8 I'll let you know when I get the HTV tomorrow. The rep I've been communicating has been pretty responsive. So I'll see what sort of issues I could report to them.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    I am looking youjizz,apk file anybody can share it thanks
  • yoyoyoyo Junior Member
    Hi,

Was wondering if anyone have any experience with this device? The guy that sold me the TVPad suggested this box and that this is better than the TVPad. Not sure if that is true or if it is any reliable?
    I do have one htv 3 to replace my TVPAD,to me it's perfect,working just fine <3