Napper English IPTV Streaming //

UBox Gen2 Problem

Encryption
Encryption
Hello!

My UBox Gen2 AC/DC adapter was broken because of lightning strike. Replaced it with the same specifications, 5V, 1.5A. Then started having problems. The Wi-Fi signal often dropped to level 2 or 1, and got high memory usage at the home screen or when I was opening UBTV. Also often got error message, saying no internet connection when trying to open UBTV. I only installed 2 main apps: UBTV and Kodi. Please help. Thank you.

Comments

• 535four
    535four

Hello!

My UBox Gen2 AC/DC adapter was broken because of lightning strike. Replaced it with the same specifications, 5V, 1.5A. Then started having problems. The Wi-Fi signal often dropped to level 2 or 1, and got high memory usage at the home screen or when I was opening UBTV. Also often got error message, saying no internet connection when trying to open UBTV. I only installed 2 main apps: UBTV and Kodi. Please help. Thank you.

Sorry, Can not help you with the mechanical problem, you may do a factory restore BUT, you might lost your MAC address and can not be activate due to a old box, that's what I learned from a member here say that it will bring you to a Bing web page when tried to run the UBTV, so you'll taking a chance.
    I have had uploaded other apps here that you might needed just search on the UB threads.
  • Somebody
    Somebody
    Try connecting using ethernet cable. That will tell you whether it's a wifi adapter problem or not.
  • BadEgg
    BadEgg
    Somebody said:

Try connecting using ethernet cable. That will tell you whether it's a wifi adapter problem or not.

Yep, good advice. The wifi of my UBox Gen 2 suddenly stopped working one day for no reason. It still shows signal strength and connected but no internet connection. Switched to Ethernet cable and all was good.
  • Encryption
    Encryption
    BadEgg said:

Somebody said:

Yep, good advice. The wifi of my UBox Gen 2 suddenly stopped working one day for no reason. It still shows signal strength and connected but no internet connection. Switched to Ethernet cable and all was good.
    I rely the connection on Wi-Fi, as the router is in a different room. Anyway, thank you for your suggestion.
  • Encryption
    Encryption
    On top left of UBTV main menu always shows Hong Kong date and time. I've set it up according to my local date and time from the settings on UBox home screen, but still have the problem. Any idea?