My UBox 4 Critical State - Storage Space is Running Out

I am encountering something strange on my UBox4, I went to setup => storage, oddly the available space is much less than the Total (10.13GB) on the box with usage comprising of apps+video+audio+pics+download+etc.

My current available is critically low at 35MB (Total 10.13GB - Usage 2.13GB = 8GB)

I have diligently cleared cached and misc data on a regular basis. Do not know where is the outstanding 8GB? Log files? Not able to see any large space hogs in ES File Explorer. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• do you use app's like "PopcornTime"? (it not a native app in ubox)
    even though u watch a movie using streaming and not download, it still keeps huge files stored in the ubox.
    what i normally do is jus a total reset of my ubox whenever space is running out.
  • Thanks for the quick response, but I am not using PopcornTime. Wanted to avoid factory resetting the Ubox every time I'm low on a space as I will be losing all of my saved/customized settings (e.g Kodi, Uvod, ...). Any other workarounds to recover my storage space?
  • Thanks for the quick response, but I am not using PopcornTime. Wanted to avoid factory resetting the Ubox every time I'm low on a space as I will be losing all of my saved/customized settings (e.g Kodi, Uvod, ...). Any other workarounds to recover my storage space?
    delete garbage aps like kodi and others that have popup adds. your problems solved.
  • wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    Thanks for the quick response, but I am not using PopcornTime. Wanted to avoid factory resetting the Ubox every time I'm low on a space as I will be losing all of my saved/customized settings (e.g Kodi, Uvod, ...). Any other workarounds to recover my storage space?
    delete garbage aps like kodi and others that have popup adds. your problems solved.
    You may also try deleting cache in each of the apps installed.
  • Delete the data of the most apps you've used and check the download folder see if any files in there, but in most cases it's the app data was full.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Yes reset the device is the best way to get rip of the junk file
  • Appreciate the quick response and suggestions! =)
  • people still use kodi nowadays? i think it's garbage at this point.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    people still use kodi nowadays? i think it's garbage at this point.
    If you running Android 4.4 it cannot load the latest version of Kodi