Which box should I get? A2, A3 or FunTv?

My relative is in the market for a new box. They've been using HTV2 for 3 years and now the VOD app stopped working so I think it's time for a new box. Would you recommend the A2, A3, or the FunTv? They mostly watch on-demand cantonese shows and dramas.

Thanks!

Comments

• on demand just get a cheap2 android box will do. load rss player without Ad. or kodi+azdrama
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    If they just want on demand then they can just install some apps onto that htv2. Unless you mean the box is physically broken ?
  • coolwing99coolwing99 Junior Member
    edited October 2018
    RSS could be an option but it’s not intuitive enough for my elder relatives.

What other apps can I install for Cantonese on demand shows? The original one that came with the box no longer works. We can get inside the app but once we click into the show, it renders then jump out to the main menu.
  • If they just want on demand then they can just install some apps onto that htv2. Unless you mean the box is physically broken ?
    This last 2 1/2 weeks and still current, there are a whole bunch of movies and many episodes of tv shows are literally unplayable. My folks have HTV3 and I had to order them a FunTV.
    If they just want on demand then they can just install some apps onto that htv2. Unless you mean the box is physically broken ?
    This last 2 1/2 weeks and still current, there are a whole bunch of movies and many episodes of tv shows are literally unplayable. My folks have HTV3 and I had to order them a FunTV.
    Does it matter which gen? I notice funtv has 2nd and 3rd gen. Thanks

• RSS could be an option but it’s not intuitive enough for my elder relatives.

What other apps can I install for Cantonese on demand shows? The original one that came with the box no longer works. We can get inside the app but once we click into the show, it renders then jump out to the main menu.
    I have exactly the same problem, and it just happened last week. The apps opened but when you choose anything, it just crash to main menu. The chinese vod came back on but YUE VOD is went south.
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    Guys, if you're from Australia, it's not the box, it's your ISP. They're blocking the connection.
    Guys, if you're from Australia, it's not the box, it's your ISP. They're blocking the connection.
    That’s a bummer. I’m from the US so my ISP haven’t block it yet.
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    That’s a bummer. I’m from the US so my ISP haven’t block it yet.
    The getting bounced out of the app finally hit my area too. This is happening after the recent update. I just hope it's temporary or else need a new box too.
  • @padman, is there still a discount code for HTV A3?