HTV2

My parents HTV box 2 has an app called YUEVIDEO and is giving the error, " E-4 failed to access, please try again." i reinstalled the application through USB and even tried to download it from the store. Did not work. Anyone know of a solution?

Comments

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    Usually that means the server is down but it's temporary. I guess location is important now since Australia blocked all the boxes.
  • My cantonese video app still works, there is not update. The updated english video app is glitchy, cant watch anything. Literally stopped working right after the forced update yesterday. Sigh...

The good news is all the live tv moved to the chinese tv app. You can filter the HK, Taiwen, channels.

Hope this is not the end for the box, seems like all the servers are moving.
  • Need help- I reseted my htv2 box and now I keep getting a message “EC5 play failure”. Any good suggestion.
  • Also nothing works ;(
  • Well.. it's been a good 2 years for my parents. Well worth it. My uncle is using the unlock box and recommend me get it for my parents. Just ordered it on amazon for $168. Hoping this one last 1-2 years also!
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    Did you guys try to install rss player on this?
  • Did you guys try to install rss player on this?
    You can installed on any box.
  • Hi, when I tried to open any show or movie or anything from the cantonese app, it has a error message call EC5, playing failed, please contact the seller. What should I do now? This is a HTV2. Thanks.
  • Just open the app and let it sit for a while. It will auto update
    Latest version is now 5.11.2
  • Madman999, it is already 5.11.2.
    Still has The same problem....

Ec5 播放失敗,請咨询経销商
  • Where are you located? Maybe it's a location problem?

I'm in NYC, using Verizon Fios Internet and my box is working for all apps now since the upgrades last week.

ChineseTV(live tv) , YueVideo(Cantonese vod) , variousVideos(Mandarin vod)
    Cantonese playback (live tv time shift app)

I get EC errors on some channels but most seem to be working.
  • FYI, I installed the rss player. It works but my htv box is probably too slow. Audio is out of sync so unwatchable.
  • Madman999, it is already 5.11.2.
    Still has The same problem....

Ec5 播放失敗,請咨询経销商
    Try clearing the data/cache for the apps.

• Madman999, thank you for your reply. I am also in NY and using FIOS. So I dont think is the location problem if yours is working. Are you using htv2 or 5? I am using htv2, playback has no problem only those VOD one have that error message. So I should clear the data cache? How can I do that? Thanks again.
  • I have an htv2.

Clear it by going to settings, applications. Same as you would on any android device or phone. For the app, there will be a button to clear data/cache
  • I went to clear data and cache. Still same error message. Dont know what else can I do now. Sigh.
  • siuwaisiuwai Junior Member
    I have an htv2.

Clear it by going to settings, applications. Same as you would on any android device or phone. For the app, there will be a button to clear data/cache
    Hi, do you need a mouse to bring up the hiddne andriod system setting menu to get there? I am not sure if it works the same way as tvpad4 or bluetv, but when I point the mouse to top right corner and try to bring down the system menu, I don't see anything happen on the HTV2, do I need to do something different?
  • You should be able to get there just using your remote. Settings then advanced

But a keyboard and mouse might make it easier to get to. Just plug a USB mouse into one of the USB ports. It definitely works on Android devices.