HTV5 EC7 play failure error

When my parents is watching live TV or switching channels, sometimes they get this error? Is there something wrong with the box?

Comments

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    No. Connection issue with their server . The only error you should be concerned about I'd if it says out of date. Then the box is bust.
  • edited July 2017
    No. Connection issue with their server . The only error you should be concerned about I'd if it says out of date. Then the box is bust.
    So there is problem with their server and not my network? When I check the internet speed on live TV and VOD, it doesn't go above 600Kbp/s and stays around 200-300Kbp/s, is it the same for you?

Also, when watching live TV, it sometimes skips back 5-10 seconds, is this normal?
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    Yep. Their server
  • Yep. Their server
    Ok, good I'm not the only one, just got my HTV5 box yesterday so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Also, normally what internet speed is shown on live TV and VOD?
  • ZipoZipo Junior Member
    I think if the speed is above 300kb/s, it will show smoothly, and normally is around 450kb. it skip back 5-10 seconds (looping) like this for the past months, htv usually fix their problems , but I think someone have to notify them so they can fix it. and I have no idea how to. Other than that, it is quite user friendly
  • I think if the speed is above 300kb/s, it will show smoothly, and normally is around 450kb. it skip back 5-10 seconds (looping) like this for the past months, htv usually fix their problems , but I think someone have to notify them so they can fix it. and I have no idea how to. Other than that, it is quite user friendly
    Yeah, anything over 300KB/s is smooth but on BlueTV, I get around 2MB/s internet speed on live TV and VOD which the image quality is a little bit better.

@padman How do we report the 5-10 seconds looping to HTV? I tried to email them but their email address is inactive.
  • @Casterina try opening a ticket?

http://www.htvbox.com/open-ticket/
    Yes, I tried opening a ticket but I get this error.

• padmanpadman Moderator
    Is [email protected] working for you?
  • edited July 2017
    Is [email protected] working for you?
    Nope, I emailed them few days ago and I got a email saying message couldn't be delivered "bjqiyemx2.proxy.163.com gave this error: Remote server returned an error -> 550 User not found: [email protected]".