5.06 to 5.066 network error

I'm in the UK and my parents TVPad 4 (V5.054) suddenly reset itself to factory defaults so I upgraded it to V5.060 whilst I'm there but when I check for updates to get to V5.066, I get network abnormal error and when I test the network, I get 3 ticks but error -1 on server. Also, the 3 panels on the left side is blank where normally it has some images and the TVPad store is empty as well as the time on the top right is wrong, is there any solution to fix it?

For now, I have installed 港粵網路電視, 寶島電視 and BETV Plus from the apps thread and is working fine.

Comments

• I tried the manual 158.132.187.187 DNS but I'm still getting network abnormal error when checking for updates and I get 3 ticks but error -1 on server when I test the network.

Is the TVPad store and 3 panels on the left side working for you guys?
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    We never get pass those network test in US. As long as the apps are working, why care?
    I tried the manual 158.132.187.187 DNS but I'm still getting network abnormal error when checking for updates and I get 3 ticks but error -1 on server when I test the network.

Is the TVPad store and 3 panels on the left side working for you guys?
  • We never get pass those network test in US. As long as the apps are working, why care?
    I'm in the UK and use auto network settings as no manual DNS is needed but thought to try 158.132.187.187 to see if I can upgrade from 5.060 to 5.066 as that may fix the TVPad store, 3 panels on the left side and time issue.

I live quite far away from my parents so I want to get the TVPad store to work so they can download/update apps when there is a new version available.

• We never get pass those network test in US. As long as the apps are working, why care?
    I'm in the UK and use auto network settings as no manual DNS is needed but thought to try 158.132.187.187 to see if I can upgrade from 5.060 to 5.066 as that may fix the TVPad store, 3 panels on the left side and time issue.

I live quite far away from my parents so I want to get the TVPad store to work so they can download/update apps when there is a new version available.

the store will never work again. just be happy that the box still work. keep in mind that tvpad got sued and lost in court. things will never be the same again.