TVPad (YueTV) + BlueTV outage update (Jun, 16, 2017)

Comments

• Yep. Hot spot works on everything.
    Home Internet works on Live but not playback, drama or movies :(
    @niteowl So you are saying your home internet doesn't work but on your cell phone hot spot works?
    Hey all,
    I know the servers been down and now up and running.

So I would very much appreciate it if anyone can advise me of a solution as my blueTV VOD still isn't working and been down since 5th June :(

A list of what I've tried to noavail:-
    *changed DNS 158....
    *Unplugged, restarted
    *reboot router
    *Reinstalled app
    *tried a different channel on my router

I used my mobile network and everything works.

Storm v3.7 and Chinese v3.5

I'm tearing my hair out xD
  • edited June 2017
    It is strange that Storm TV VOD is working but not on 風暴電視, maybe they are using different servers for each app?
  • Interesting..............
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    It is strange that Storm TV VOD is working but not on 風暴電視, maybe they are using different servers for each app?
    Both are working not sure if wifi and Ethernet could be the difference.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @niteowl That's strange. The only thing that I could think of is try another DNS server.
    Yep. Hot spot works on everything.
    @niteowl So you are saying your home internet doesn't work but on your cell phone hot spot works?
    Hey all,

So I would very much appreciate it if anyone can advise me of a solution as my blueTV VOD still isn't working and been down since 5th June :(

*changed DNS 158....
    *Unplugged, restarted
    *reboot router
    *Reinstalled app

• hi , did anyone pay to TVchina for monthly service .
  • Mr. Padman,
    You are always our hero. We hope that YueTV and/or TVPad can do a much better job to communicate with their customers. There is absolutely no warning, no expectation when/if the service will come back. We do not even know if it will come back at all. We appreciate your help and support in this forum. There are so many conflicting information here. Could you kindly put down what you know as far as the version # of the YueTV, the firmware version of TVPad4, and the working DNS in this forum please? I recently brought the HTV5 and in this difficult time, at least my HTV5 is working fine and all the HK TVB replay, VoD totally functional. Perhaps, if the viewers here is getting fed up with TVPad and its total lack of technical support and poor communication, you should go to the competitor - HTV5 and try it out. At least, as of 6/18 evening, the unit is still in working in Dallas, Texas providing entertainment to the used-to-be TVPad4 supporter.
  • Mr. Padman,
    You are always our hero. We hope that YueTV and/or TVPad can do a much better job to communicate with their customers. There is absolutely no warning, no expectation when/if the service will come back. We do not even know if it will come back at all. We appreciate your help and support in this forum. There are so many conflicting information here. Could you kindly put down what you know as far as the version # of the YueTV, the firmware version of TVPad4, and the working DNS in this forum please? I recently brought the HTV5 and in this difficult time, at least my HTV5 is working fine and all the HK TVB replay, VoD totally functional. Perhaps, if the viewers here is getting fed up with TVPad and its total lack of technical support and poor communication, you should go to the competitor - HTV5 and try it out. At least, as of 6/18 evening, the unit is still in working in Dallas, Texas providing entertainment to the used-to-be TVPad4 supporter.
    Use 港粵網路電視 app and 158.132.187.187 DNS and it will work fine.

• @padman I seen a DNS server list somewhere on here but I can't find it anymore. Can you suggest a site or a list of DNS I can try, please?
    @niteowl That's strange. The only thing that I could think of is try another DNS server.
    Yep. Hot spot works on everything.
    Hey all,

*changed DNS 158....
    *Unplugged, restarted
    *reboot router
    *Reinstalled app

• When I test the connection on Blue TV it still gives me a network error.
  • unnamedunnamed Junior Member
    Where can I get Storm TV 3.7 for BlueTV? I reset it during the outage and still can't access the app store.
  • Does anyone have a working solution for YueTV version 0.44?
  • Mr. Padman,

Casterina,

The live streaming video on YueTV is still operational. Does the 港粵網路電視 have VoD and replay? If not, I do not see the reason to download yet another apps? If it does, please advice the version # of 港粵網路電視 that is working fine on your TVPad4.

I am in Dallas, Texas, USA. Are you also in the US? At time, the geographical locations could be the wildcard when TVB is attempting to us the DDOS to shut down TVPad business model. We need to share unite to overcome the monopolistic behavior of TVB and unable to address what the customers demand for a long time.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    edited June 2017
    Yes. VOD and live are working with 港粵網路電視 + DNS. I am in NYC.
    Mr. Padman,

Casterina,

The live streaming video on YueTV is still operational. Does the 港粵網路電視 have VoD and replay? If not, I do not see the reason to download yet another apps? If it does, please advice the version # of 港粵網路電視 that is working fine on your TVPad4.

I am in Dallas, Texas, USA. Are you also in the US? At time, the geographical locations could be the wildcard when TVB is attempting to us the DDOS to shut down TVPad business model. We need to share unite to overcome the monopolistic behavior of TVB and unable to address what the customers demand for a long time.
  • Yes. VOD and live are working with 港粵網路電視 + DNS. I am in NYC.
    Mr. Padman,

Casterina,

Tamato123 and Casterina,

Many thanks for the confirmation that VoD and Replay work on 港粵網路電視. This is great news for the past few days during the outage of the YueTV outage. Could you advice where is a safe source to download the latest 港粵網路電視 APK please? Do you recall what is the version # of 港粵網路電視 of yours just in case?

Appreciate for the sharing and problem solving indeed. Many thanks.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @wongtony168 Look in the TVPad 4 useful app thread and look at the first post of this thread.
  • edited June 2017
    East coast with tvpad 4 港粵網路電視 2.54, with dns 158.132.xxx, works for 2 mins, then got "restricted "error.

with default dns, connection error. :(

yuetv is dead regardless of dns.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @orange1688 What's your tvpad 4 firmware version?
  • edited June 2017
    Hello. I have a BlueTV and a TVpad 4 that don't work! Any help would be much appreciated!

BlueTV (V 1.01)
    TVPad 4 (V 5.054)

BlueTV Issue: Restored the box and all apps deleted. I tried to auto connect to DNS and also used 158.132.187.187 and still can't connect into the AppStore. I ran the network test and keep getting error -1. I also reset the box several times with the manual DNS but no luck.
    Edit: I contacted BlueTV ([email protected]) and they gave me the link to download the apps. StormTV works but AppStore still down. Running on the manual 158 DNS. My parents will let me live another day. Now just have to get those TVpad4s working.

TVPad4 Issue: I have YueTV 0.42. I used auto and manual DNS and still no luck. I cannot connect to the servers. Also getting the same error -1 when I run the network test. Cannot connect to the server.

Post edited by david88 on
  • East coast with tvpad 4 港粵網路電視 2.54, with dns 158.132.xxx, works for 2 mins, then got "restricted "error.

with default dns, connection error. :(

yuetv is dead regardless of dns.
    Padman, Tamato123 and Casterina,

I followed the forum discussion and I downloaded the 港粵網路電視 version 2.054 on DNS: 158.132.187.187 and I am glad to report that the VoD, replay, and streaming are all working for teh past 2 hours on 6/20/17 from 8:30p to 10:30p CT. My TVPad4 is at firmware v5.054.

I am in Dallas, Texas, USA. The geographical locations could be the wildcard when TVB is attempting to us the DDOS to shut down TVPad business model. We need to stay united sharing useful tips to overcome the monopolistic behavior of TVB and being inflexible to address what the customers demand at a reasonable price. We will prevail. I hope that YueTV will come back to live in the next few days to provide an alternative source for our TV watching experience. Additionally, the HTV5 has no problem in the past few days at all. I have both set to boxes to hedge my risks and you can consider doing the same as well. Many thanks again to Padman, Tamato123, and Casterina.
This discussion has been closed.