Hard reset UBox

Hi all,

I need to hard reset the Ubox cuz my wife has set the screen to 4K but i don't have a 4K tv. So, i cant see a f* thing on the screen now. Does anybody know if the reset button next to the green AV button works ?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi,
    Did you manage to find the solution?
  • Hi all,

I need to hard reset the Ubox cuz my wife has set the screen to 4K but i don't have a 4K tv. So, i cant see a f* thing on the screen now. Does anybody know if the reset button next to the green AV button works ?
    Unplug the power should work. It should automatic selected.
  • No, unplugging the power is the 1st thing u try but that doesn't work. If u have clicked okay (which my wife did) it keeps the resolution no matter what u do. The reset button doesn't work. I tried to poke it gently but nothing happened so i used some force. Now there's a hole instead of a reset button :'(

I have to thank killer23d because i factory restored a S800 image - 20160126 using his guide. After image restore the box booted up and auto updated to 20161109. So, no need to restore this image from sd card. I also have Winlauncher v4.1.7 now.
  • Well, I just did a setting to 4K 30hz and saved, and my tv is only support 1080p, the screen turns blank and I just let it sit for 10 second then it automatically go back to 1080P 60hz, don't know why your's doesn't.
  • I don't know either but my Samsung complains it doesn't support the resolution and that message stays on screen.
  • Hey i'm facing the same problem that I accidently selected the 4k 60hz while my TV only support 1080 HD 60hz. So possible to share the method to restore the Ubox? thanks
  • 535four535four Member
    edited August 2017
    Unplug the HDMI cable and re-insert it again see if it work.
    There's many answered solutions in this forum, you might do a search you'll find it.
  • edited August 2017
    Hi, Yeah I did unplug and plug it back but still my hisense TV says Invalid Format and it shows blank only. possible to use AV interface to solve it? I havent try it.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi, Yeah I did unplug and plug it back but still my hisense TV says Invalid Format and it shows blank only. possible to use AV interface to solve it? I havent try it.
    Yes, that's the best way to do.
  • Well, I did'nt try AV interface but i finally managed to plug in my office Non 4K PC monitor with the HDMI support. Finally it displayed and the setting back to 1080P but I changed it to 720P. So no image restore required or anything. Just find a hdmi monitor and plug in it and restore the setting. thats it. Thank everyone here.
    Thanked by 1tracerlee
  • Well, I did'nt try AV interface but i finally managed to plug in my office Non 4K PC monitor with the HDMI support. Finally it displayed and the setting back to 1080P but I changed it to 720P. So no image restore required or anything. Just find a hdmi monitor and plug in it and restore the setting. thats it. Thank everyone here.
    Good for you. I have had done on few none 4K TV with no issue, it always rolled back to whatever tv supported, well...at least you found the way to changed back . :)
  • Hi, I just gotten the same problem. When you plug into your office Non 4K PC monitor, does it require data? Or it will just show up the display for you to setback to 1080P?