Downgrading TVPad 4 to 5.054

padmanpadman Moderator
edited July 2017 in TVPad / BlueTV
I take no credit for this, I'm only making the info easier to obtain.

Thanks to @benxiong for providing the package.

Instructions
  1. Extract files to SD card and plug into TVPad 4
  2. Press the reset button and then connect power supply
Firmware Package - https://mega.nz/#!WVch2KQD!nWQ63RIhDJKTngmP67_Mv7yuvcadKeb1o1U7QoRG_JA

The Easy Method

Post edited by padman on

Comments

• tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    finally! Thank you very much!
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
    edited January 2017
    Thanks! Successfully downgrade and worked! Confirmed older firmware does not have the "user restricted" message when you change DNS or use VPN. By the way, my tvpad does not have a reset button. Need to short two pins on the pcb.

Post edited by tomato123 on
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • dsang23dsang23 Just Watchin`
    Thank you for this. Before I go ahead to flash the firmware to 5.054 i have a few questions.

I am in NYC using this TVPAD for my parents. Does this flash get around all the live stream and VOD problems that came up recently?

After the flash, do I need a VPN (currently not using VPN). TVPAD connected using AUTO DNS.
    What should the settings be after flashing?

What are the advantages of flashing the old firmware? will current apps work and or will it be wiped and i need to reinstall?

Thanks in advance!
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited January 2017
    @dsang23 I'm basing my answer based on my memory. So I could be wrong.

1) Once you downgrade you should be able to use the Cantonese app by changing the DNS. You won't need to use yuetv

2) I'm not quite sure about the vpn requirement at 5.054, based on what other people shared. You may not need it ? Not sure

3) All apps will be wiped. No particular advantage other than you won't get the restricted message.

If your work right now, I wouldn't suggest downgrading it.
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • Wish I was home to do this but I am at the airport terminal heading to Florida for 4 days x(
  • dsang23dsang23 Just Watchin`
    as always, THANK YOU PADMAN and to all the contributor here. I will hang tight and wait out the current outage of YUE TV and the Canto App. I think around this time last year, CNY time, there was a similar outage and it was fine after that.

Thank you!
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • Thank you very much, Mr. Padman, just done downgraded to5.054. After change dns to 158.132.187.187, Yue tv updated to 0.42, all live tv and vod working perfect, thank you.
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • Mr. Padman,
    Many thanks! You are my hero! I entered manual DNS = 158.132.187.187 and YueTV VOD works! We love you. You have saved our evening.
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • edited February 2017
    My Tvpad 4 recovery looks slighlty different from the video. I'm not seeing the same options. can someone please post some directions on how downgrade the back to 5.054. I tried apply updates from EXT - it read my sdcard . Using the zip file it aborted. i try using the unzip files and it doesnt go anywhere.

Here's the error message i get after it tries in install
    E::faileg to seek in /tmp/updatePD.zip (Invalid argument)
    E:signature verification failed
    Instalaltion aborted.
    Post edited by boxzzz on
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • My Tvpad 4 recovery looks slighlty different from the video. I'm not seeing the same options. can someone please post some directions on how downgrade the back to 5.054. I tried apply updates from EXT - it read my sdcard . Using the zip file it aborted. i try using the unzip files and it doesnt go anywhere.

Instalaltion aborted.
    I am sure is your sdcard problem。
    Thanked by 2boxzzz sarsinajar
    I think you did not unzip the files recovery.img and the folder to the root of SD card.
    My Tvpad 4 recovery looks slighlty different from the video. I'm not seeing the same options. can someone please post some directions on how downgrade the back to 5.054. I tried apply updates from EXT - it read my sdcard . Using the zip file it aborted. i try using the unzip files and it doesnt go anywhere.

Instalaltion aborted.
    Thanked by 2boxzzz sarsinajar
  • VeronicaVeronica Junior Member
    This solution helped brought my dead box back to life! Thanks @benxiong and everyone!
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • edited February 2017
    I upgraded to 5.06 and now I desperately want to follow the instructions from the video to downgrade back to 5.054. The problem I am encountering, there is no reset button that I can visibly see on the TVPad 4, front, back, side, or top.

I am not willing to tear open the machine to access the circuit board. Can anyone tell me where the reset button is on the TVPad4?
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    I upgraded to 5.06 and now I desperately want to follow the instructions from the video to downgrade back to 5.054. The problem I am encountering, there is no reset button that I can visibly see on the TVPad 4, front, back, side, or top.

Where is the reset button on the TVPad4?
    There is a tiny hole under bottom above of network connector!
    I think centain apps you can install could allow you to reboot machine to recovery. Just search google. This way, you don't need to do the reset button.

I am not willing to tear open the machine to access the circuit board. Can anyone tell me where the reset button is on the TVPad4?
  • I upgraded to 5.06 and now I desperately want to follow the instructions from the video to downgrade back to 5.054. The problem I am encountering, there is no reset button that I can visibly see on the TVPad 4, front, back, side, or top.

Where is the reset button on the TVPad4?
    There is a tiny hole under bottom above of network connector!
    Thank you cheuk5, I was able to revert back to 5.054 following your instructions as well as watching the video from @benxiong!
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • My Tvpad 4 recovery looks slighlty different from the video. I'm not seeing the same options. can someone please post some directions on how downgrade the back to 5.054. I tried apply updates from EXT - it read my sdcard . Using the zip file it aborted. i try using the unzip files and it doesnt go anywhere.

Instalaltion aborted.
    I am sure is your sdcard problem。
    Thanks Benxiong and tomato 123. I switch to a new SD card with all the files and it worked.
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • 535four535four Member
    edited February 2017
    @cheuk5 I just did a restored back to 5.054 easily thanks to @benxiong. If you leave the 4 boxes checked, you'll not loose anything, it will restore all the apps and data that you have originally even KODO with all addons, NO NEED to re-install them.
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    @cheuk5 I just did a restored back to 5.054 easily thanks to @benxiong. If you leave the 4 boxes checked, you'll not loose anything, it will restore all the apps and data that you have originally even KODO with all addons, NO NEED to re-install them.
    Yes inside the video from Mr.Benxiong it show up you need to delete Cache and Date at the end .I guess you only restore the backup file (it is not include Cache and Date) So you still have all preinstall apps to show up
    Thanked by 1sarsinajar
  • 是的,你如果吾清咗啲date会有好多垃圾文件的,而且还会吾知有乜冲突,只不过建议最好清咗区,部机会顺好多。如果冇问题就ok,有问题就清吓啦。
    Thanked by 2535four sarsinajar