YUE TV 回看 Not Working at all

Location New York

It is totally down. Anyone is experiencing the same now? Anyone knows what is going on?

Comments

• Yes. I am in NYC, using FIOS, 回看, movie, and drama all down. error is "cannot load" for movie and drama, and spinner forever loading for 回看.
    Strangely, Live TV works.
  • dinklebergdinkleberg Junior Member
    YueTv stopped working for me this morning. Nothing works at all. I think it's version .42. I'm in San Diego, CA.
  • same situation happened to me. I just tried to re-install the Yuetv app, but it won't work any more, even the live feature wont work either. PS I am in Los Angeles, USA
  • me too, my brother's one, the YueTV can only watch live, the others not working, in central, USA
  • 2 question to folks who have better understanding on TVPad media streaming

1) Live TV & VOD use different streams, right?
    Is this the reason why YueTV (and same for 36TV) in the last 24 hours can get LiveTV, but none of the VODs, including the time-shift replay(回看)?
    Can we assume there is a server related problem on TVPad's end?

2) For folks who use BlueTV, does YueTV exhibits the similar problem?

Thanks.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    2 question to folks who have better understanding on TVPad media streaming

Is this the reason why YueTV (and same for 36TV) in the last 24 hours can get LiveTV, but none of the VODs, including the time-shift replay(回看)?

Thanks.
    Time-shift is in tv-live (回看)is belong to VOD
    Thanked by 1fustrated
  • aznguy82xaznguy82x Junior Member
    I am having the same issue with YueTV. Cannot access On Demand page. I hope someone has a fix for it soon.
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    Bluetv does not use Yuetv. But the playbacks are ok. No issues.
    Thanked by 1fustrated
  • 2 question to folks who have better understanding on TVPad media streaming

Thanks.
    Can *RSS apk use it in TVPad4?
  • edited January 2017
    It is the second day YUE TV is not working. Is there any other app that can watch TVB 回看?
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    2 question to folks who have better understanding on TVPad media streaming

Thanks.
    Can *RSS apk use it in TVPad4?
    Yes RSS apk can run in Tvpad..........
  • EinEin Just Watchin`
    edited January 2017
    Are there some extras YUETV has that the Cantonese app from the App Store doesn't offer? I have never used YUETV. I seldom have issue with app store's cantonese app and BETV.
  • Are there some extras YUETV has that the Cantonese app from the App Store doesn't offer? I have never used YUETV. I seldom have issue with app store's cantonese app and BETV.
    What is the normal cantonese app from the App Store? I thought YUETV was the only one that works with tvpad4?
    Anyone know of any alternatives to YueTv? Are there any legitimate apps for the Chromecast?
  • OK folks, here is what I found out:
    1) YueTV in North America have problem connecting to their connection endpoint in US
    - I tried connect my TVPad4 via VPN to anywhere but US., I got all the VODs to show a a minute, and then get a 'region restrict' error
    - Without VPN, all VODs get a 'load failure' error. Live TV feed work as normal.
    2) I use 港粵網路電視 (v2.052) with VPN set to anywhere but US, I can see everything: LiveTV, TV drama, movie. etc.

So as a conclusion, there is a problem with YueTV having problem with connection to their server streaming VODs

So for now, for US user, if you have VPN service, please use 港粵網路電視 to continue to view your favorite shows until the YueTV's app problem has been resolved.

Hope this helps.

P.S. If other folks has a better alternative for YueTV, please let us know and help the community

Happy Chinese New Year to everybody.
    Cheers!
    I hope it gets fixed soon. My parents are bored without any Chinese media. There has to be a legal way to watch dramas or their live shows/news. AT&T's Mandarin package is lackluster for $25/month on top of the cable bill.
  • ChebnChebn Junior Member
    OK folks, here is what I found out:
    1) YueTV in North America have problem connecting to their connection endpoint in US
    - I tried connect my TVPad4 via VPN to anywhere but US., I got all the VODs to show a a minute, and then get a 'region restrict' error
    - Without VPN, all VODs get a 'load failure' error. Live TV feed work as normal.
    2) I use 港粵網路電視 (v2.052) with VPN set to anywhere but US, I can see everything: LiveTV, TV drama, movie. etc.

So as a conclusion, there is a problem with YueTV having problem with connection to their server streaming VODs

So for now, for US user, if you have VPN service, please use 港粵網路電視 to continue to view your favorite shows until the YueTV's app problem has been resolved.

Hope this helps.

P.S. If other folks has a better alternative for YueTV, please let us know and help the community

Happy Chinese New Year to everybody.
    Cheers!

For VPN and 港粵網路電視 to work, are you using a specific DNS? Could you share that if so.
    Also, what firmware version are you on, 5.066? I've been trying some DNS from HK but I get restricted usage message.

Let me know what's the best way I can get this working.
  • YueTV stopped working since 1/24/17. I unplugged and reconnected everything, then tvpad erased all apps and reset it to manufacture setting on its own. :s
    Is anyone experiencing the same? I'm in San Francisco, Tvpad4, firmware v5.054, no VPN.

All I need is tvpad Cantonese, should I upgrade firmware to a newer version and download YueTV again? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. =)
  • Same here YueTV is not working for 2 days now. I live in New York has YueV Ver 0.42 installed on my TVpad4. Live play is working but replay is not working. Please help.
  • It is no good that we have nothing to watch during Chinese New Year!
This discussion has been closed.