Asian IPTV Buying Guide ~ 2017

padmanpadman Moderator
edited February 2017 in Other IPTV Streaming Device
Hey guys!

Just wrote up a small buying guide for beginners. Let me know what you guys think of my ratings or something that I may have missed.

http://tvpadnews.com/asian-iptv-purchasing-guide/
Post edited by padman on
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm totally disagreed your UNBLOCK 2's rating that I just checked on all category if your rating is based on the date you're posted.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    After tinkering the ubox for a bit, uninstall and reinstall some apps. It seems like I was able to get the apps working again. Only Ubtv and Ubvod.

Im going to revisit the Ubox again and update the rating
    I'm totally disagreed your UNBLOCK 2's rating that I just checked on all category if your rating is based on the date you're posted.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Alright, so played around with the UBox this morning and I have revised the rating.

I upgraded the Reliability to a D and downgraded the Ease of Use to a D

My reasoning

• I'm still think you're pointed to your sponsor's directions, but it's normal I don't blame you.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    You are free to think that but I'm just saying it as it is.

But... if you are trying to say the Ubox is as easy to use and reliable as others. I'm not sure what to tell you. I couldn't even think of giving this mess of a box to my parent. When the reliability factor is horrible.

So let me ask you, what rating would you give the Ubox ?
    I'm still think you're pointed to your sponsor's directions, but it's normal I don't blame you.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member

But... if you are trying to say the Ubox is as easy to use and reliable as others. I'm not sure what to tell you. I couldn't even think of giving this mess of a box to my parent. When the reliability factor is horrible.

I'm still think you're pointed to your sponsor's directions, but it's normal I don't blame you.
    <code class="CodeInline">
    Ok for me is some people like coffee and other like tea
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Exactly, but saying I gave a low rating because I'm trying to lead people to my sponsor is a stupid thing to say.

Ok for me is some people like coffee and other like tea
  • padman's review is right on point. i wrote the same thing back in august last year. i own all of these boxes.

1. bluetv
    2. a1
    3. ubox
    4. moonbox - pure garbage
  • You are free to think that but I'm just saying it as it is.

To me Ubox is easy to use and much more choices on vod, is all in one app, not like the others you have to look for another app, for live stream it has 9 countries to choose from, it any boxes like that? and now it's running smoothly as silk.
    If you saying the box is not suitable for elderly I have nothing to say but then you should changed the title to buying guide for elderly.
    I would not give any rating, like cheuk5 said some people like coffee and other like tea.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes, may be I'm stupid to saying something like that in your forum, but I just tell how I felt and what is fair.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited January 2017
    That's why I gave a separate rating for both Ease of Use vs Elderly Friendly.

My point is the Ubox requires me to do manual steps to get it working. In the case of UBox "first time booting in a few weeks" I had to (this is literally the steps I took last night)
    1. Delete the logs to free up space
    2. Check which app works
    3. Go into the app store and uninstall UBTV and reinstall it.
    4. Install VOD app.
    With either BlueTV/TVPad4/HTV, all the apps are updated automatically if there is a new version. There is no manual work involved.

This is not just troublesome for elderly, but this is an issue for all.
    • The vast of live TV stream is a + for Ubox (no denying that), if you do actually watch tv from other countries than the UBox is the only consideration
    • The VOD as I explained is extremely clunky and not intuitive. From the videos I tested in there, I also found the quality is lower than other boxes as well
    For me, the UBox is just a box that bunch of engineers put together. It's functional but it's not ready for the masses. Non user friendly UI/apps, ugly menus and layout.

The only reason the original TVPad was popular is because how easy it is to easy it. Not because they have vast amount of content. In fact I remember when I first got the original TVPad 1, the VOD barely worked because it relied on P2P....

To me Ubox is easy to use and much more choices on vod, is all in one app, not like the others you have to look for another app, for live stream it has 9 countries to choose from, it any boxes like that? and now it's running smoothly as silk.
    If you saying the box is not suitable for elderly I have nothing to say but then you should changed the title to buying guide for elderly.
    I would not give any rating, like cheuk5 said some people like coffee and other like tea.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Hi Mr. Padman
    Can you believe this price
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/252725297038
  • Hi Mr. Padman
    Can you believe this price
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/252725297038
    that is a scam. i see it all the time. that account will become non member after everyone paid.
  • I'm totally disagreed your UNBLOCK 2's rating that I just checked on all category if your rating is based on the date you're posted.
    Agree with 535four, it appears UBOX is working much better now
  • silverstar12silverstar12 Junior Member
    I agree with Padman review. I own both TVpad4 and Ubox. Ubox replay sucks and most of the time is not working. UVod dont not much choice and do not keep up with new movie or drama. The only good thing is their Live TV. Live TV appears to be more stable now than before. Their software upgrade process is also not very good and buggy.
  • For those 2 boxes is called 天才UBOX and 白痴 TVPAD4. My Ubox is running flawlessly as I type.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @535four As 白痴 as it is. Nobody really have time to mess around with the box they bought. Most people just want to plug it in and forget it.

At the end of the day, if you poll 100 people and ask them if they prefer TVpad or Ubox better. I can pretty much guarantee you it will be like at least 90% for Tvpad.
  • As you are in Canada or somewhere not restricted or blocked like USA, yes, they're in flavor of tvpad, but here in USA, not every users knows how to deal with it, I have been helping friends and friend's to made the tvpad alive, they all purchasing different brands insteads of tvpad because of that, as I mention they should offer a trade in for bluetv.
  • UBOX actually is great for live stream and VOD playback. Replay might be unreliable. It is currently having more channels than both TVpad 4 and Moonbox for live streams.

It's fast as well via UBTV. I admit they have really bad issues before but its been worth for at least few months no issues. It does however require tinkering and updates to work. Not suitable for elderly.

I can tell you its better than Evpad though, because their APKs are not even programmed properly to work on T2 units and only on the PRO. So if you only review the Evpad Pro of course its great. But if you review previous owners who supported Evpad T2 for them to continue run their business....can tell you they are not great neither
  • @neonlight , well said and fair comment.