Upgrading to 5.06 FW to perform OTA to 5.066

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    @Kitf Yes they can
  • For those that have restricted user problem, unplug tvpad remove ethernet cable, restart tvpad, move cursor into tv pad store stay in there. Now replug ethernet cable and wait inside the store the apps will appear use the apps in side the tvpad store. If come out you will be locked out. Repeat process if needed.
    Thanked by 1padman
  • @Kitf If you bought it with your credit card and you got the credit card company to reverse the charges.
    I guess if I did a chargeback, that mean it doesn't work anymore? It was working throughout all last year up until yesterday. They quoted that I was on the blacklist that is why it is not working when i needed tech support last year. But it magically continue to work without any dns/vpn. It stopped working yesterday.

Is that the reason why it stopped working now?
  • cky0117cky0117 Junior Member
    I cannot open any apps at all on my TVPad 4 after successfully firm ware upgrade to 5.066 following the instruction provided. When ever I selected to open a apps, it said "your TV box user is limited, please contact the seller." What should I do now? please help and I really appreciated. Thanks much.
  • cky0117cky0117 Junior Member
    "Tvpad is restricted. For more information, please contact the seller" error message disapeared now after unplug and reconnect the power from the TVpad but still unable to watch play back and movie on YueTv, only the live tv is working.
  • Read my post two above yours
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    edited January 2017
    For those that have restricted user problem, unplug tvpad remove ethernet cable, restart tvpad, move cursor into tv pad store stay in there. Now replug ethernet cable and wait inside the store the apps will appear use the apps in side the tvpad store. If come out you will be locked out. Repeat process if needed.
    Yes we can use this way to bypass the lockout problem but too bad is only 港粵網路電視 in Tvpad store not the YueTv :3
    Hi Mr.Padman did this problem only happen in USA .How about in Canada?
    Post edited by cheuk5 on
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @cheuk5 No problem with 港粵網路電視 in Canada

Don't use yuetv so not idea about that.
  • I have TVPad4 with OS 5.054 with YueTV 0.42. Starting yesterday (1/25/17), the VOD (Video of Demand: recorded 3 days and all recorded programs) on YueTV apps did not work. My ISP is AT&T U-verse. My friend uses Time Warren at ISP, with the identical OS and YueTV software releases does not have any problem. Another friend use Frontier as ISP has problem. Could you help to trouble-shoot the problem. Is there something being worked at TVpad4 trying to solve this issue? I have also changed to manual DNS to 8.8.8.8. Still, it did not solve the problem. Please help.
  • YueTV stopped working since 1/24/17. I unplugged and reconnected everything, then tvpad erased all apps and reset it to manufacture setting on its own. :s
    Is anyone experiencing the same? I'm in San Francisco, Tvpad4, firmware v5.054, no VPN.

All I need is tvpad Cantonese, should I upgrade firmware to a newer version and download YueTV again? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. =)
  • i am unable to perform OTA to 5.066 from 5.06, it keep saying my server abnormal. i am in USA and i try many DNS still dont work
    I have the same problem as you. It says abnormal internet. I restored it, but its empty inside now, I can't watch anything
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @lee2001 If you are using vpn then 港粵網路電視 should work for you
  • pappypappy Member
    edited January 2017
    YueTV is combo of 港粵網路電視 and BETV plus together. If your FW is 5.054 go manual DNS with Best HK DNS be patient and try /test each set of numbers. I upgrade to 5.0566 now cannot use best HK DNS alone. I get restricted. I have to go back to using VPN. So don't upgrade from 5.054 in the US try the best HK DNS manually first. http://www.bestdns.org/for/hk/
    Thanked by 1tylerlee
  • By the way I can get apps from the TVpad store now in FW5.066
    Need VPN though.
  • If you have FW5.060 don't upgrade! Try manualDNS using bestDNS hkhttp://www.bestdns.org/for/hk/
  • laygumgaylaygumgay Junior Member
    Im new here... Read all the posts and updated to FW5.066 and found a Canada DNS which works. Everything worked well and the wife was jumping for joy......HOWEVER i can only watch for approx. 10 mins and the restriction comes back on. Tried rebooting, ran the same steps and same thing happens.. watch again for 10 mins and restricted again. I regret updating but whats done is done. Can anyone help?
  • 李铞记
    Try DNS from http://www.bestdns.org/for/hk/
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Ok Mr.Padman. -I am sure they are play some game on that .I have other Pad still in V5.054 when I set the network in manual and use a good DNS number then everything is running normal dam it
  • laygumgaylaygumgay Junior Member
    Thats where I found the working DNS... however why is it only allowing 10 mins...them going back to restricted again. Do you think its the DNS number being unstable?
  • i think people jump at the upgrade in the beginning was a mistake. u can't rely on changing dns forever. just wait for tvpad to figure something out first. maybe they will make a new app like they did around this time last year.