HELP!! Tvpad4: android recovery system

edited January 2017 in TVPad / BlueTV
2-3 days ago,when I wanted to use tvpad4 to watched, the remote control stopped working. I used the remote but it didn't respond. Because of that,I unplug the power cord of the tvpad and reply it a couple of seconds later. After that, on the screen, it doesn't show the usual tvpad page with the app.it shows android recovery system. It show reboot the system and 3 option of apply update with 1.ABD,2.EXT and 3.Cache.it also shows 2 other option:2wipe.../factory reset and wipe cache.

No matter what I did the tvpad won't go back to its usual screen. It's alway at the android recovery system.

If anybody knows how to resolve this.please write through this discussion

Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    Do a factory wipe. Worst case is you'll get all the apps wiped.
  • I did and reboot it,but it didn't resolve the issue. It still stuck at the recory system screen..
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Mmmm that's strange. You tried other wipes as well ?
  • Yeah..both.it didn't change a thing...
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    When you unplugged the power, was it loading up or it was running ?

Seems like the OS partition may have been corrupted
  • When I unplugged the power, the screen stopped showing the tvpad screen.when I plugged it back. The screen goes black and then the tvpad 4 logo shows up. After that it doesn't show any sign of loading,its goes into the recovery system screen...
  • I took a look at the link that you posted,can you tell me where is the button to manually reset the tvpad 4?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited January 2017

Here's the hole

• ohh.. thanks
  • I tried to reset the tvpad4 manually, but nothing changed.i tried the reset button, but it didn't react....
  • It's back the recovery system screen...
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    After wipe data/factory reset. you have to choose reboot system now again
  • I did, but it didn't change a thing.. Doesn't anybody know if the firmware v.5.066 is available to get download. If yes, please sent the link..
  • Tvpad4Tvpad4 Junior Member
    Me too my tvpad4 is the same case :s
  • You could try this. Download firmware 5.060 to microsd card and put it in tvpad4.
    On android recovery system menu, select update with EXT option and let it installs the firmware.
    After it is done, unplug and re-plug the power cable. Hope this helps.
  • You could try this. Download firmware 5.060 to microsd card and put it in tvpad4.
    On android recovery system menu, select update with EXT option and let it installs the firmware.
    After it is done, unplug and re-plug the power cable. Hope this helps.
    I have same problem with Eli1314, after I use the way as jtpad said, it works. now my tvpad4 is 5.060 FW, and installed Yue tv 0.40, but it keeps said, network error, any ideas, folks?
  • @jcho1 : YueTv problem seems to affect all firmware versions. Live TV works, VOD does not work
  • @jcho1 : YueTv problem seems to affect all firmware versions. Live TV works, VOD does not work
    for those 5.04 FW, Yue tv 0.4, please change DNS to 158.132.187.187, both live tv and VOD work normal, just confirmed @12:44am local Hawaii Time
    Thanked by 1fustrated
  • I did, but it didn't change a thing.. Doesn't anybody know if the firmware v.5.066 is available to get download. If yes, please sent the link..
    I have the exact same problem with my TVPad 4. Have you managed to fix it or if I can download firmware v5.066

I was on this firmware so each time I try to update from the android menu using the EXT option it says my version 5.60 is lower and cannot be upgraded. I could only find v5.60 on this site. Any way around this?