In the beginning -TV Pad 4 or TV Box

I am 76 years old - sound of mind and still get around
1. Bought TV Box (TV Pad 4) from Amazon (on internet)
2. Box deliveried
3. Opened box - and removed small white box and remote with cables
4. Looked at useless manual
5. Installed power supply - cable to TV - LAN connector to Wireless port on Either net device
6. Turned box on
7. Went into setup - easily set device to Auto and obtained signal.
8. That's about it
9. No - apps - no nothing
10. Is this some kind of weird joke or does this device really work
11. Do you have to have a IT degree to make it work
12. This is has far as I am today
13. Thank You

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    Did you goto the app store and install the apps ?
  • 535four535four Member
    edited January 2017
    @muttonhead I assume you're in USA and purchased from US Amazon, most of TVP4 in US are no apps contented so you will have to learn how to install app for your TVPad4
    padman have had information on top or https://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/233/tvpad-4-m418-useful-files-firmware-apps/p1
  • Good Day
    Yes I did purchase the TVbox from Amazon. I am in the middle east - in harms way. Lots of camels, no trees and the birds live in the desert sands.
    Since the wife erased the damn box - I am forced to replace it with a easier to use device. Unknown yet. I work on equipment that is 1000 times harder than this stupid box. I have manuals, and know where to look up things.
    This box doesn't do anything "automatic"
    Next - week- I plan on using it for drone target practice. We' are a few clicks out in the desert - no shopping centers = no big macs = a great place to save money. O yah our internet sucks out here - 16kps - that's when its working... cell phones are tricky too - we have to stand still in just the right place (marked off) to get any service) god we just love it here. In leaving we don't get a white christmas ever - in fact there is no christmas here at all.

In leaving : is there an apps store - my drone awaits your answer. Its pretty big and weights several hundred pounds - a really big toy.

Muttonhead
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Just install the apps manually as 535 suggested. easy peacey
  • Just install manually as 535 states
    Wrong
    I have a TV Box version 1.035
    The apps do install - that's all - no workie

I 'm looking into a trial 1 Family APK (three dollar for test)

If that doesn't work we have a 30mm gun that we like to test fire (wonder what piece of junk around here I could use as a target) O ya - the TV Box

I let you know in a couple of days - of how it made it through.

So after the 1 Family test either the drone or 30 mm guns will have some target practice. I have fire quad 35 mm guns but never the 30s.

• cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Just install manually as 535 states
    Wrong
    I have a TV Box version 1.035
    The apps do install - that's all - no workie

I 'm looking into a trial 1 Family APK (three dollar for test)

If that doesn't work we have a 30mm gun that we like to test fire (wonder what piece of junk around here I could use as a target) O ya - the TV Box

I let you know in a couple of days - of how it made it through.

So after the 1 Family test either the drone or 30 mm guns will have some target practice. I have fire quad 35 mm guns but never the 30s.

Under your internet speed only 16kps. I thinks you enjoy the Paradise more better than TVBOX :p