The conclusion of different firmware

cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
edited February 2017 in TVPad / BlueTV
Finally I got the conclusion of different firmware.
1.V.5.054 you have to change good dns in manual then everything working normal( live tv or Vod).
2.V5.060.YueTv app are block it . No live tv and Vod.drama( change good dns in manual then your Pad will lockup the whole thing).
3.V5.066 YueTv app will working for live but no Vod and drama( change good dns in manual then your Pad will lockup the whole thing).But open for Google account.
Post edited by cheuk5 on

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    I'm going to guess with 5.054, something is not hardcoded into the fw. So whatever it needs it grabs from the live server.

Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense. Since the FW and the apps should be independent
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    That's weird.
    My V5.060+YueTv app has live working but no VOD which is the same as V5.066+YueTv.

• dsang23dsang23 Just Watchin`
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Cheuk. This is exactly what i was looking for, a sticky in a way so everyone can see in one place what the collective issues are.
    Does it make sense to add region, VPN (yes or No) for the different firmware?

Ill start with myself. My mother (without my advice) upgraded the firmware yesterday from 5.054 to 5.06. YueTV no longer works with or without VPN. I am using auto DNS and live in NY.

Is the suggestion to downgrade the firmware back to 5.054. Im afraid to change the DNS and risk bricking the device.

I think we can start to add to this thread to better centralize the current issues and confusion with firmware and what app to use etc...

I do see a google play now on my front page. What are the benefits of having this google play store? A lot of the apps are not compatible. For instance i tried to install the RSS player for my mother during the current outage but it tells me the app is not comaptible with my device.

Please help contribute here.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @dsang23 I think the only region the firmware affect is US. So don't think it needs further details.
    ahh i see. Thanks Padman. At the current juncture, which firmware do you recommend for people in NYC. I can use either VPN or without vpn.
    My mother mainly uses the canto app, betv and yuetv. She recently started using the "mango tv" app as well.

which firmware are you on?

5.054 for USA.
    ahh i see. Thanks Padman. At the current juncture, which firmware do you recommend for people in NYC. I can use either VPN or without vpn.
    My mother mainly uses the canto app, betv and yuetv. She recently started using the "mango tv" app as well.

which firmware are you on?

• I'm in NYC 5.066 VPN appstore accessible. All apps work. If VPN is too difficult for someone then stick with 5.054
    Pappy, even yuetv and canto app works for you? Live and VOD? Do you use BETV?
    Mine get "user restricted" message whenever I use VPN or changed dns with 5.06 or 5.066.
    I'm in NYC 5.066 VPN appstore accessible. All apps work. If VPN is too difficult for someone then stick with 5.054
  • pappypappy Member
    edited February 2017
    BETV plus works streaming and video. 5.066 with VPN and manual DNS 158.... All apps work
    edited February 2017
    you are using Yue .4 and canto app 2.052? Sorry, just making sure.
    The 5.066 you did OTA update correct? if so i am excited to try this today with my mother's ipad.
    What DNS are you using?
    Thank you very much!

• pappypappy Member
    edited February 2017
    If you're in the USA fw5.054 will do with out VPN. That way you can take your tvpad4 to your friends and family homes for entertainment. fw5.066 needs VPN in the USA
    Manual DNS 158.132.187.187
    Thanks PAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • If you're in the USA fw5.054 will do with out VPN. That way you can take your tvpad4 to your friends and family homes for entertainment. fw5.066 needs VPN in the USA
    Manual DNS 158.132.187.187
    Hi Pappy
    I have V5.054 . just tried your DNS , IT DID NOT WORK . THANKS
  • Hi all,
    I'm in NYC and I got v5.054 changed DNS, it doesn't work. Thank
    I could be wrong but at 5.054 you should be on AUTO DNS and NON VPN.

but please wait for others to reply.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Lily1981 @mystanley Try another DNS.

• @Lily1981 @mystanley Try another DNS.

Hi Padman
    could you provide a DNS ? THANKS

• Hi Padman
    DO you have the link ? There was one apk including 20 apps for TVPAD 4 , I could not find it anymore . thanks

• padmanpadman Moderator
    @Lily1981 Look in the useful file thread.