Resetting the UBOX

wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
edited March 2016 in UnblockTech UBox / UPad
Hi

Have any users tried a hard reset on their UBOX.
My screen switches in between and I think a hard reset may work.
Post edited by wsthong on
Tagged:

Comments

• bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    Your ubox cannot connect to the UB servers which offer the UB Market (App Market) due to current server problems in the past few days, that's why the winlauncher main menu is behaving as shown in your video. Your Ubox probably has an old version of winlauncher.

If you go into the 'App Market', you will probably see a 'Reconnect' button on the screen.

My ubox with winlauncher v3.1.0 exhibits same symptoms as your ubox. But a friend's brand new ubox with winlauncher v3.2.1 doesn't reset, but still could not connect to UB Market (App Market).

You can check the version by pressing Down arrow button on remote while on the winlauncher main menu, then clicking on the cogwheel button. I recall the version number appears along the bottom of the page.

If you hard reset your ubox, you will lose all your apps and won't be able to reinstall any apps until the servers providing the UB Market is restored.

Just be patient and wait for the UB servers to resume normal operation. UB have posted a message on their facebook page this morning claiming they are performing upgrades/maintenance on their servers....

Post edited by bamby8 on
  • Ubox Live was working for a couple hours then stopped working. I restarted the box and it said there was a new version 3.2.6. I updated and when I press the app market orange icon. It launches apphelper 2.0.0 instead of ubmarket. When I clicked the Online TV the same thing happened too as above. Even on 3.2.6. I used to be on v3.2.1
  • wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    edited March 2016
    Hi bamby8,

Thank you for your reply. Luckily I have not reset the unit else it could be worst.

My winlauncher is v3.1.0. However, there is a notification for an update as per my link.

Since the server is down, maybe it is pointless to update.

http://postimg.org/image/wfnsoopel/

By the way, this is the official answer I have received from Unblock
    安博科技 安博盒子 Unblock Tech UBox
    謝謝客戶的支持,人數愈來愈多為解決客戶所說的LAG及卡頻的問題,伺服器將加大維修升級,所以有可能導致軟件暫時不能登入或者出現閃退的現像,客人可以先使用秀控視頻收看點播電影.
    首先在該網頁下載APKHELP
    http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sknmvHN
    做法:下載到桌面>把檔案拉入usb手指U盤>把usb手指(U盤)插入盒子>在文
    件管理器中打開手指安裝apkhelper
    教學:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_XmJ0PhzVZRV0lxM2xuWlB5RTA/view?usp=sharing
    Thank you for your reply. I have not updated to the latest version.
    Ubox Live was working for a couple hours then stopped working. I restarted the box and it said there was a new version 3.2.6. I updated and when I press the app market orange icon. It launches apphelper 2.0.0 instead of ubmarket. When I clicked the Online TV the same thing happened too as above. Even on 3.2.6. I used to be on v3.2.1
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    I can confirm I saw the notification to update to winlauncher 3.2.6_android_overseas

http://postimg.org/image/wfnsoopel/

I installed it and it seems to have fixed the winlauncher resetting issue.

As reported by 'josiah' above, I also went into App Market, and it appears the new winlauncher starts what looks like a copy of apphelperh3.apk apps installer version 2.0.0. It offered to update a number of apps such as UBrec, but I notice UBTV isn't one of them.

After downloading and installing the app updates, sadly UBTV still does not work.

UBrec was missing so I had to add it back into the winlauncher menus. TBH, I can't see any difference if there are any changes to UBrec - eg. it still quotes 'Jade HD' rather than 'J5'.

As a test, I went back into 'App Market'again, and the apps installer offered the same apps to be updated. It looks like to me the app installer just performs a forced download/install for certain apps, and disregards what apps may already be installed.

The UB Market app still shows a 'Reconnect' message when I launch it.

Looking on UB's facebook page this morning, UB appear to have posted some replies suggesting the server upgrades/maintenance will be completed by next Monday at latest....
    Post edited by bamby8 on
    UBTV Live is working now in Australia (9:37 pm)
  • edited March 2016
    ubtV .. got DDOS attack on all UBtV server once they online heavy DDOS attack at peak hours.... BotNeck as tVB is doing something now... trying to bring down the UBtV server once they are once line on new server that can works for a while as you see now the UBtv update is 3.2.6 (from 3.1.2) .. every day update .. LOL ... maybe it will be just like tVpad RIP ... very very soon.... as we know it is the DDOS attack on UBtV server from now on....
  • ubtV .. got DDOS attack on all UBtV server once they online heavy DDOS attack at peak hours.... BotNeck as tVB is doing something now... trying to bring down the UBtV server once they are once line on new server that can works for a while as you see now the UBtv update is 3.2.6 (from 3.1.2) .. every day update .. LOL ... maybe it will be just like tVpad RIP ... very very soon.... as we know it is the DDOS attack on UBtV server from now on....
    BennyKoh , why do I get the impression that you enjoy seeing ubtv server under attack.

As users of ubtv, we should hope that these attacks will not succeed, no??

We should hope that ubtv technicians will find good solutions to protect their servers, no??

We do not ubtv to experience the same misfortune as tvpad and it is not something to joke about because not being able to watch free tv and movies hurts .
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @BennyKoh Where are you getting your source from ?
  • Unlocker8Unlocker8 Just Watchin`
    You need to unplugged the power and restart , and will see the pop up screen to said need to upgrade After finish upgrade, the box will be work.Good luck.
  • ubtV .. got DDOS attack on all UBtV server once they online heavy DDOS attack at peak hours.... BotNeck as tVB is doing something now... trying to bring down the UBtV server once they are once line on new server that can works for a while as you see now the UBtv update is 3.2.6 (from 3.1.2) .. every day update .. LOL ... maybe it will be just like tVpad RIP ... very very soon.... as we know it is the DDOS attack on UBtV server from now on....
    We all know that it's the name of game.
    and now, it's 3.3.1 ....
    and now, it's 3.3.1 ....
    No update for my box. HK only?
  • tvbolontvbolon Junior Member
    ubtV .. got DDOS attack on all UBtV server once they online heavy DDOS attack at peak hours.... BotNeck as tVB is doing something now... trying to bring down the UBtV server once they are once line on new server that can works for a while as you see now the UBtv update is 3.2.6 (from 3.1.2) .. every day update .. LOL ... maybe it will be just like tVpad RIP ... very very soon.... as we know it is the DDOS attack on UBtV server from now on....
    and now, it's 3.3.1 ....
    Mine still show 3.2.6, and I dont see any pop up updated to 3.3.1, how do you guys get to 3.3.1 btw.?
    and now, it's 3.3.1 ....
    Mine still show 3.2.6, and I dont see any pop up updated to 3.3.1, how do you guys get to 3.3.1 btw.?
    I also want to know. UK here.
  • TvpadboyTvpadboy Junior Member
    I just got another winlauncher update this morning, after updated, got 4 different live stream app at the live window at start up, it's good and fast

• I just got another winlauncher update this morning, after updated, got 4 different live stream app at the live window at start up, it's good and fast

U mean 4 different live stream apps other than ubtv? Do any of them (not including ubtv) have korean channels?
    My winlauncher have been downgraded to 3.1.0 from 3.3.4 after I have updated to a bug fix prompt.
    Even the main menu is back to the old layout instead of the new where you have S1 to S4 for live tv.
  • Just another update; ubtv is working fine this morning....great so far....still have not updated version to 3.3.4; but DID update ubtv upon prompt/notification (it wouldn't work at all until i did the update), and all is fine right now...i'm in Markham-Stouffville, not that that should matter.
    It had a system upgrade yesterday, than start up back to the old version, this morning winlauncher again updated to 3.3.4 the live stream is S2 to S4 again, it's good
    Only S1(UBTV) has Korean channels