Unblocktech UBox Gen 2 HDMI Output Problem

sleeslee Just Watchin`
edited January 2016 in UnblockTech UBox / UPad
Hello all,

After I read padman's review, I bought my mom a UB Box Gen 2 from ebay.ca on Tuesday for C$166 to replace/backup the dying TVPAD 3 and I just received it today. It is just the Gen 2 version (S800), not the Gen 2 plus.

After I unboxed it and hook up the HDMI cable to my Toshiba 32C120U (720p) TV, there is no video signal found. The TVPAD 3 was working fine. Then I used the AV analog cable to connect to the TV, it worked but I need to change the default setting from PAL to NTSC.

I wonder if there is something wrong in my received UB Box's HDMI output port? Or if there is a setting somewhere to select the default output to the HDMI? Or my 720p TV is too old (about 3 years old) that cannot support the high resolution of the UB Box's HDMI output? Is there a way I can set the HDMI output resolution to match my older TV?

I searched on the net and can't find much support or information on the UB Box.....Please help if you have an idea. Many thanks and much appreciated.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All.
Post edited by padman on

Comments

• wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    edited December 2015
    Hi,

I received mine yesterday and it connects to my HDMI output automatically.

However if you try connecting with analog signal, under settings -> display, there seems to be option where you can tweak around.

This is where I change my resolution to 4K/30hz. It has other output resolution as well.

The other reason which I could think of is that the HDMI is not supported by the TV HDMI chipset.

This happens to me today where my old Panasonic cannot pick up HDMI signal and I need to use a HDMI switcher to do so.

It is working now.
  • sleeslee Just Watchin`
    edited December 2015
    Thanks wsthong. I will play around with it today.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
  • alexlihawaiialexlihawaii Just Watchin`
    edited December 2015
    I have HDMI problems with the Tvpad4 before, I switch many different brand of cable, still no resolutions.
    My TV is new smart TV, no problems with the Tvpad2 or 3.
    Every time I use the Tvpad remote to turn it on, no signals.

I found this:

1 pull the power cable from the back of the box and put in back, the TV has the signal input again, or
    2 Buy a remote control power adaptor, use this to turn it on or off, solve the problems, it cost me around 7.50 in ebay.

Just in case you want to try, here is the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161819221277?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Thanked by 1slee
    edited December 2015
    I used to connect the TVPAD3 via a receiver to this old panasonic tv.
    However, there is no HDMI signal if I connect directly to this panasonic tv.
    Hence, I am using a HDMI switcher.
    Please note that if I connect the TVPAD3 directly to my new TV, the signal can be detected.

wsthong Wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I received mine yesterday and it connects to my
    > HDMI output automatically.
    >
    > However if you try connecting with analog signal,
    > under settings -> display, there seems to be
    > option where you can tweak around.
    >
    > This is where I change my resolution to 4K/30hz.
    > It has other output resolution as well.
    >
    > The other reason which I could think of is that
    > the HDMI is not supported by the TV HDMI chipset.
    >
    > This happens to me today where my old Panasonic
    > cannot pick up HDMI signal and I need to use a
    > HDMI switcher to do so.
    >
    > It is working now.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited December 2015
    I was just realized that this box does not have an optical SPDIF audio output, so no DTS output, sucks....
    I have to use my MiniX 8H plus instead when I'm watching 4K movie....
    With 4K capability, do I need a 4K pass thru receiver for the tv to display at 3840 x 2160 at 30hz?
    I can see distortion if I cannot directly to my receiver with do not have 4k pass thru.
  • I don't know how to answer your question, I have no problem to display 4k on my 4k tv, I think all depends on what devices you're using it. I have had problem display 4k before I'd updated their firmware and no problem after then..some boxes stated it's4k but actually not.
  • sleeslee Just Watchin`
    Hi, please can you tell me where I can find and how you updated the UB box firmware?

Thanks.
    I don't know how to answer your question, I have no problem to display 4k on my 4k tv, I think all depends on what devices you're using it. I have had problem display 4k before I'd updated their firmware and no problem after then..some boxes stated it's4k but actually not.
  • sleeslee Just Watchin`
    I will try pulling the power cable out and then put it back to see if it works.

Thanks.
    I have HDMI problems with the Tvpad4 before, I switch many different brand of cable, still no resolutions.
    My TV is new smart TV, no problems with the Tvpad2 or 3.
    Every time I use the Tvpad remote to turn it on, no signals.

I found this:

1 pull the power cable from the back of the box and put in back, the TV has the signal input again, or
    2 Buy a remote control power adaptor, use this to turn it on or off, solve the problems, it cost me around 7.50 in ebay.

Just in case you want to try, here is the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161819221277?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  • I think block of UBOX from factory had faulty parts, like for mine, (none plus edition) it worked fine for 7days since I've got it, now nothing comes up after the Ubox logo, seller recommended doing software reset, which I was able to do with RCA cable, however it doesn't seem like it's software related issue as now both RCA and HDMI is goes out after ubox logo. initialy thought it was getting overheated as originaly when issue started both rca and hdmi didn't work and after 2 hours rca started to work performed reset, connected HDMI and everything was fine than 5 min later blank. rca was still working so did another reset, same thing. and after a while both hdmi and rca goes blank. left it unplugged for over night. still both RCA and HDMI is out, well guess mine will be heading back to the seller
  • sleeslee Just Watchin`
    Sounds like you have a defective unit, I would ask the seller for an exchange or return......
    I think block of UBOX from factory had faulty parts, like for mine, (none plus edition) it worked fine for 7days since I've got it, now nothing comes up after the Ubox logo, seller recommended doing software reset, which I was able to do with RCA cable, however it doesn't seem like it's software related issue as now both RCA and HDMI is goes out after ubox logo. initialy thought it was getting overheated as originaly when issue started both rca and hdmi didn't work and after 2 hours rca started to work performed reset, connected HDMI and everything was fine than 5 min later blank. rca was still working so did another reset, same thing. and after a while both hdmi and rca goes blank. left it unplugged for over night. still both RCA and HDMI is out, well guess mine will be heading back to the seller
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @gqone76 You got yours from the "authorized seller" from ebay right ?
  • gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited January 2016
    yes I have, honestly not sure if they are authorized seller but since they claim they are, better honor the service. it's funny that authorized seller doesn't sell s800 Plus edition, but even if it's not it's still inside 14 day return policy
  • Hi, please can you tell me where I can find and how you updated the UB box firmware?

Thanks.
    I don't know how to answer your question, I have no problem to display 4k on my 4k tv, I think all depends on what devices you're using it. I have had problem display 4k before I'd updated their firmware and no problem after then..some boxes stated it's4k but actually not.
    Oops, sorry, I was talking about the MiniX 8H plus unit. I shouldn't mention other iptv here..my bad.
  • Hi, I had same problem as you with the TV showing no signal from the HDMI. I hooked up the Unblock Tech to the TV using the AV connection first. Then turn on the box and go under Setting , there is option of changing the HDMI output. Try going through those and seeing which one works. Then click confirm on that one to save that setting.
  • sleeslee Just Watchin`
    Oh.... no problem.
    Hi, please can you tell me where I can find and how you updated the UB box firmware?

Thanks.
    Oops, sorry, I was talking about the MiniX 8H plus unit. I shouldn't mention other iptv here..my bad.
  • sleeslee Just Watchin`
    My UB box does not have the HDMI output resolution choice option, it is just one check choice for HDMI full screen output or not under setting......
    Hi, I had same problem as you with the TV showing no signal from the HDMI. I hooked up the Unblock Tech to the TV using the AV connection first. Then turn on the box and go under Setting , there is option of changing the HDMI output. Try going through those and seeing which one works. Then click confirm on that one to save that setting.
    Hi slee,

Can you check under display.
    Mine does gave me various options from 720p to 3860p.
    My UB box does not have the HDMI output resolution choice option, it is just one check choice for HDMI full screen output or not under setting......
    Hi, I had same problem as you with the TV showing no signal from the HDMI. I hooked up the Unblock Tech to the TV using the AV connection first. Then turn on the box and go under Setting , there is option of changing the HDMI output. Try going through those and seeing which one works. Then click confirm on that one to save that setting.
  • sleeslee Just Watchin`
    Hi wsthong, I did check the setting under display, maybe I can only able to see something on TV with the AV cables, the setting has only 2 choices, PAL or NTSC.

Thanks.
    Hi slee,

Can you check under display.
    Mine does gave me various options from 720p to 3860p.
  • rwny1rwny1 Junior Member
    Hi all,

In the same boat. Just received 2 UB boxes and was testing only the first one and it worked fine. Went to setup the second box and immediately had HDMI problem. Connected second box with AV cable to try to switch resolution or to NTSC and did not find those options. Reconnected HDMI and it worked for some reason. Went to try to update and install UBTV app and IPTV apps but could not find it in the store. Then the whole thing just went dark. Tried connecting on different monitors and it does not work. First box works find when plugging in. Just emailed the ebay seller to see what can be done. Did click the back reset button on the box but not sure if it did anything or if i wiped out anything else.