Weird remote problem

LifeinmontLifeinmont Junior Member
edited December 2015 in TVPad / BlueTV
I have tvpad 4 and I am in USA. I have been having a weird remote problem since the outage. One day, the remote started being not responsive. I have to press a button several times for the remote to respond. And the weird thing is that my TV remote started to show the same symptom. To get both remotes working again, I had to cut off the power to tvpad and wait a few hours. One day I found out when I opened the app ????, and from the moment it showed "restricted zone", both remotes started to act abnormally. So I thought it is probably because the server found out that my tvpad is in USA so it started to send a signal and somehow the signal made my remotes malfunction. And since the TV was connected with tvpad via HDMI, somehow it was affected too.

Later I installed a second router with VPN. It actually solved the problem. My remotes started to work again. But somehow the problem came back after a few days and got worse. Now even I waited for a few hours and turned on tvpad again. The remote isn't working well. And whenever I connect the tvpad to the TV, the TV remote became non-responsive. It is like there is a virus.

Not sure if anyone has the same problem and got it resolved. Any help is appreciated.
Post edited by Lifeinmont on

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    You happen to try switching the batteries ?

Lifeinmont Wrote:
    > I have tvpad 4 and I am in USA. I have been having
    > a weird remote problem since the outage. One day,
    > the remote started being not responsive. I have to
    > press a button several times for the remote to
    > respond. And the weird thing is that my TV remote
    > started to show the same symptom. To get both
    > remotes working again, I had to cut off the power
    > to tvpad and wait a few hours. One day I found out
    > when I opened the app ????, and from the
    > moment it showed "restricted zone", both remotes
    > started to act abnormally. So I thought it is
    > probably because the server found out that my
    > tvpad is in USA so it started to send a signal and
    > somehow the signal made my remotes malfunction.
    > And since the TV was connected with tvpad via
    > HDMI, somehow it was affected too.
    >
    > Later I installed a second router with VPN. It
    > actually solved the problem. My remotes started to
    > work again. But somehow the problem came back
    > after a few days and got worse. Now even I waited
    > for a few hours and turned on tvpad again. The
    > remote isn't working well. And whenever I connect
    > the tvpad to the TV, the TV remote became
    > non-responsive. It is like there is a virus.
    >
    > Not sure if anyone has the same problem and got it
    > resolved. Any help is appreciated.
  • LifeinmontLifeinmont Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Forgot to mention that I did try to replace the batteries.
  • fustratedfustrated TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    Lifeinmont Wrote:
    > Forgot to mention that I did try to replace the
    > batteries.

@Lifeinmont, may I suggest to attach a USB mouse to your TVPad, and see if you can use the mouse to invoke any apps.
    I can confirm on my TVPad, I can at least click the app icon and invoke all apps.
    Also, once app is invoked, I can at least use the point-and-click method, the do basic navigation
    Try it, and let us know what you observe
  • LifeinmontLifeinmont Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for the suggestion. I am using a usb mouse and keyboard to control tvpad now. The keyboard works better because I can move from page to page. But there are certain operations that both of them can't perform such as a simple OK to switch channels in ??online, or confirm to change dns. I have to keep pressing remote to get them done. It is still doable but annoying. But the most annoying thing is that it affects my tv remote as well. The tv remote works well until I plug in hdmi cable to tvpad. Suddenly it has the same problem.
  • pappypappy Member
    edited December 2015
    My tvpad1 remote works better on tvp4 than the tvpad4 remote. It's more responsive.
  • fustratedfustrated TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    @pappy: You are right: Navigation using TVPad1 remote on TVPad4 is a lot crisper. Thanks for the tip.
  • DookieDookie Member
    edited December 2015
    No doubt about that, tvpad1 remotes are the best. And TVPad is charging $20 bucks for them. I keep getting them for free, now I have to rejected all the tvpad1 remotes, cuss I have too many.

pappy Wrote:
    > My tvpad1 remote works better on tvp4 than the
    > tvpad4 remote. It's more responsive.