Best TV box for Napper

I just signed up the Napper Chinese service for my in-laws, and I am using the Fire TV 4K which having issue with TVB 1 and TVB 2 US. Those 2 channels are the one they watch the most. So I am looking for a TV box that would work with the TVB1 US and TVB2 US, does anyone know/recommend a box that work best with Napper? After reading through the Napper thread, seem like the 2 boxes that work best with Napper are the Sunvell H3 TV Box https://is.gd/rI86FZ, and the A95X NEXBOX ANDROID 5.1 TV BOX https://is.gd/YOWPoh. Appreciate for any input. Thanks.

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    edited June 2019
    For the price for the sunvell i don't think it can be beat.

Post edited by padman on
  • Thanks Padman. From what I see in the comments, Android 7 and up do not work well with Napper, and the Sunvell has Android 7, so not sure that will be a concern? Do you know how the A95X
    works with Napper? It has Android 5.1, and seems like it would work best for Napper per the comments in this forum.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    I think it has to do with some chipset not working so well with android 7.

Never had a a95x so can't really comment, I go for the cheapest one.
    Thanks Padman. From what I see in the comments, Android 7 and up do not work well with Napper, and the Sunvell has Android 7, so not sure that will be a concern? Do you know how the A95X
    works with Napper? It has Android 5.1, and seems like it would work best for Napper per the comments in this forum.
  • Thanks Padman. From what I see in the comments, Android 7 and up do not work well with Napper, and the Sunvell has Android 7, so not sure that will be a concern? Do you know how the A95X
    Amazon fire tv4k is just $35.
    You can't beat that pricespex combination. Works with napper well.
  • edited May 2019
    Grimmie - I tried the Fire TV 4K, but the TVB 1 & 2
    US didn't work. Those are some of the main channels my in-laws watching. Just ordered the Sunvell box for $20 to see how it works for Nappa.
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited May 2019
    fwiw, I have a pair of Nexbox A95X (S905X) with Android 6.0. Running napper on 2GB/8GB model for past 12 months.

The other 1GB/8GB box used to run Napper until I switched to the 2GB/8GB box. Today, I upgraded it to Android 7.1.2. Sadly, on briefly testing Napper IPTV v1.33, I found ch1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9 and 10 were okay. But ch4, 5 & 6 didn't work - spinning circle with healthy data rate displayed on screen. TVB 1 & 2 US both okay too.

Last year, I tested a W95 (S905W, android 7.1.2) and ch.2 didn't work (spinning circle with healthy data rate) and ch.1 had picture quality issue with fast motion.

I note the description for the recommended Sunwell H3 box apparently runs android 7.0 (not 7.1.x) as well as using a Allwinner H3 SoC.

fwiw, I notice in the other cheap box for napper thread, other Fire TV 4k owners reporting TVB US 1 & 2 not working too.
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • fwiw, I have a pair of Nexbox A95X (S905X) with Android 6.0. Running napper on 2GB/8GB model for past 12 months.

The other 1GB/8GB box used to run Napper until I switched to the 2GB/8GB box. Today, I upgraded it to Android 7.1.2. Sadly, on briefly testing Napper IPTV v1.33, I found ch1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9 and 10 were okay. But ch4, 5 & 6 didn't work - spinning circle with healthy data rate displayed on screen. TVB 1 & 2 US both okay too.

Last year, I tested a W95 (S905W, android 7.1.2) and ch.2 didn't work (spinning circle with healthy data rate) and ch.1 had picture quality issue with fast motion.

I note the description for the recommended Sunwell H3 box apparently runs android 7.0 (not 7.1.x) as well as using a Allwinner H3 SoC.

fwiw, I notice in the other cheap box for napper thread, other Fire TV 4k owners reporting TVB US 1 & 2 not working too.
    My order for the SunVell box from Aliexpress was canceled because they lost the package, so I need to order another box. Is the Nexbox A95X Android 6.0 running good with Napper? Are the TVB US 1 and 2 working? Have you tried this box with SDTV service? I might try SDTV if my in-laws don't like Napper. Thanks.
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited June 2019
    Napper works on 2G/8G A95X S905x Android 6 box. TVB US 1 & 2 work but picture quality is poor compared to HK channels.

I have witnessed Napper quit on 1G/8G A95X S905x box only when viewing ch.2. I was convinced it was a server issue despite what Napper CS was telling me. In hindsight, they may perhaps have been testing the time-out system they now use on some channels.

I think I have tested SDTV in free trial mode and it seemed to work.
    Note the Nexbox A95X has long been discontinued. I would avoid the 1GB ram variant if you plan to run other apps too.
  • edited June 2019
    Thanks bamby8. Just ordered MXQ Pro+ Android TV Box S905X Quad Core 3G 32G Android 6.0. Will try Napper and SDTV to see which will work better on this box.
  • dont need waste time de. hands down fire stick 4k is best with napper. and at $25 only.

• TVB US 1 & 2 from Napper did not work on the MX Q Pro+ 3G so ended up getting SDTV since it has VOD, and it works great so far. I got the MXQ Pro+ instead of the Fire TV Stick because it is easier to use for my in-laws, and it's only $31 from AliExpress.

• edited December 2019

There are few of tv boxes run on Android 9 something. Are they more stable than Android 7, in terms of running Napper Asia?

I ran my Napper Chinese Service on Android 7.1, and the result is not happy.

• If your TV is an android TV (like the latest sony ones) would napper work on it without a tv box?

• padmanpadman Moderator

If you are able to load the apk then it should work.

• What would be the best box for tv app apk nowsday? Firestick is good but i got crappy wifi at home so need ethernet

• EinEin Just Watchin`

Get the ethernet adaptor for the stick

• I just did and it work. However I accross a problem. i install the go360/sd TV app on the fire stick 4k, it work for the most part but somehow live tv option is not loading up for me. Everything else like recall playback a work. I heard story that it is due to hardware accleration but i am pretty sure i install it for my friend before so i am stuck again.

• padmanpadman Moderator

Have you try it without the ethernet adapter?

This could be related to the ethernet is giving out the different mac than the wifi mac.

• edited June 2021

I tried it with or without ethernet adapter. I even completely factopry reset the fire stick Everything work beside the live tv. I am guess there is a possibility with the decoding issue. A year ago i install the go360/sd tv on htv 3 and it work but once someone push some weird decoding option and live tv stop working and change the optioon work again.

This is how it look like on fire stick

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

On my old box there is no screen ratio, instead it is hardware decode button. My old box is dying so this would be an issue i need to resolve eventually even if i renew on the old box.

The weird thing is i help several of my friend install the very same app on fire stick and no issue.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

top screen is live tv, bottom is doing replay, which work.

My only option is try to get a normal fire stick/fire stick lite and try install and see if there is issue.

ok so i just grab a fire stick lite and the same issue... live tv not working. This is gettign weird. I try logging out my old tv box and log in on fire stick to see if the trial is the issue but it say somethign like verification error. I guess i need tech support to transfer but i am not goign to transfer account or buy the new sub if i can't verofy it is working fine.

I actually install it on my very old android 7 phone and live tv is not loading either.

I also been emailing hke360 as well. When i tell them when i install the go360 onmyo android 7.0 phone and live tv doesn;t work. They send me a apk for something like sotv and tell me to try it. I am no clue what it is...

Post edited by xellos2099 on
  • Anyone also able to watch Live TV through GO360 on Amazon Firestick?

I am about to buy a firestick, but seeing Xellos2099 problem is making me hesitant