Korean channels

jyonestopjyonestop Junior Member
Korean channels stopped working Saturday night but it's Sunday morning and everything is working better than usual.

Comments

• Korean channels stopped working Saturday night but it's Sunday morning and everything is working better than usual.
    is this for tvpad?
  • Can somebody please recommend the best box for korean live tv & vod? I've heard that Ubox Gen2 is pretty good....but want to confirm if others using the Ubox Gen2 agree. And if the Ubox Gen2 is the best alternative for watching korean tv, then is there a local place where i can buy it in the Markham or Scarborough area?
  • well depends on what you are looking for, if you are looking for currently stable streaming for both Live and VOD than StarTV or IPTV is way to go (koreatvpad.net or any other site that might sell it) Unblock Tech Gen 2 S800 Plus Oversea edition definatly has lot of Korean channels more than TVBOX/StarTV or etc, however does have intermitten issue of stream buffering. also lacks VOD content although free app does provide bit of content not as easy as using TVBox/StarTV or IPTV. Moonbox is also in similar situation with Ubox. but honestly since one ca get Ubox for $110 or below in Alibaba it's definately is cheap alternative. but most cases I recommend StarTV as long as you are not in USA. (but as I stated it's currently stable doesn't mean it will stay stable in future, it's risk one would have to take)
  • I live in Germany and I would like to buy my parents an Android Box for Korean TV channels and Korean drama VOD. Can someone help me and tell what to buy? Is there any technical restriction for Germany? TV boxes that don't work here?
  • Just an update...i purchased some ubox gen2's, and overall very happy...tons of korean channels, i've had very minor stability issues w/ the live ubtv app....but vod has alot of buffering, i only use it for live...and use chromecast for vod (its great), having problems loading tonite but apparently they r updating their servers so its to be expected. If ur looking for something to replace ur tvpad, this is a good option.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @booboolee I think the Ubox is the only option for mainstream korean stuff atm
  • IS UBox a good option for the US?
    I have been looking high and low for a good easy way for my parents to watch Korean TV and cannot find anything...
    We have been scammed by Koreans stating they have a watch all TV thing but they all fail after few months...
  • IS UBox a good option for the US?
    I have been looking high and low for a good easy way for my parents to watch Korean TV and cannot find anything...
    We have been scammed by Koreans stating they have a watch all TV thing but they all fail after few months...
    Well i don't think any of these options come w/ lifetime guarantees, but certainly should work for longer than a few months...i think my unblock seller gave me a one year warranty (but cannot say for sure atm, will have to go back and check), i think for the price even if u can use it for the full year it will have paid itself off...i've been happy so far, but last few days have been down due to internal updates on their end.
  • I have upro2 box, I can watch 18 Korean channels now, I am in Vancouver.
  • All Korean Channels in upro2 box are working now.