HTV2 update and need Activation code

clifflee06clifflee06 Junior Member
edited January 2021 in HTV IPTV Box
My HTV2 中文電視 updated to 非凡電視 automatically and need Activation code.
Any one have the same issue ?
Post edited by padman on
Tagged:

Comments

• My HTV2 中文電視 updated to 非凡電視 automatically and need Activation code.
    Same here. The VOD app 大視界 is updated to 鮮橙視頻 and this new app also needs Activation code :(

Does that mean those apps won't work after 7 days?
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    edited December 2018
    My HTV2 中文電視 updated to 非凡電視 automatically and need Activation code.
    Same here. The VOD app 大視界 is updated to 鮮橙視頻 and this new app also needs Activation code :(

The app won't even work after update. That look like A2 apps

When does these messages pop up?
    Post edited by Mmmaru on
  • Same here. The VOD app 大視界 is updated to 鮮橙視頻 and this new app also needs Activation code :(

The app won't even work after update. That look like A2 apps

When does these messages pop up?
    The app still works for me for now. The message popped up right after startup. It stated that the app has only 7 days remaining and can go to some website to buy activation code. Then there's a "我知道了" choice which I clicked and the app continues to work.
  • clifflee06clifflee06 Junior Member
    Is there any steps that you do to make them work again?
    Does they still ask you the Activation code ?
  • Is there any steps that you do to make them work again?
    This is what the app is showing today. I clicked on "我知道了" and the app continues to work for the time being.

Is there any steps that you do to make them work again?
    This is what the app is showing today. I clicked on "我知道了" and the app continues to work for the time being.

So when you launch the app, the message shows up? Or when you start to play a video?

• So when you launch the app, the message shows up? Or when you start to play a video?
    When I launched the app. Since it's a 直播 app, it starts playing the channel immediately after launch and then the message popped up.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Not a bad price for 6 months
    激活码价格: $20 (6个月) $40

包含非凡电视 、鲜橙视频 、7天回看
    But why only 3 apps? There's another 2
  • I wound not do business again with them like tvpad, iplayer for example, they're trying to squeeze your money on another way and will go on... Get another box or use the free apps. It's my 2 cents.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    What other 2 are there?
    What other 2 are there?
    The canto ones. They're making you pay for the Mando ones.
  • I wound not do business again with them like tvpad, iplayer for example, they're trying to squeeze your money on another way and will go on... Get another box or use the free apps. It's my 2 cents.
    me too. It's time to buy another TV box. $20 for 6 months if you do it now. $40 will be soon. There is no price guarantee. You don't even know your box will last for that long or they might shut it down who knows when...
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    I wound not do business again with them like tvpad, iplayer for example, they're trying to squeeze your money on another way and will go on... Get another box or use the free apps. It's my 2 cents.
    me too. It's time to buy another TV box. $20 for 6 months if you do it now. $40 will be soon. There is no price guarantee. You don't even know your box will last for that long or they might shut it down who knows when...
    Yes it will like Moon box ask you play a fee and they lock up your box after they shut down the business.
    If this is affecting everyone, I would think this discussion would be more active perhaps it's targeted right now... But like others said in wouldn't pay them.
  • clifflee06clifflee06 Junior Member
    I don't think I'll pay them anything which there is no guarantee at all.
  • I don't think I'll pay them anything which there is no guarantee at all.
    Me neither. The whole point of buying a TV box is to avoid paying subscription fees. There are other options out there.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Theres no guarantee on any of the illegal boxes.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    When you buy a box, you are literally paying for a subscription with it bundled with the box price

Given the HTV2 is roughly 3 years old now. It make sense they're being force onto the subscription.

Assuming one of you had bought if for $180. $180 / 3 = 60 per year (give or take)
    Me neither. The whole point of buying a TV box is to avoid paying subscription fees. There are other options out there.
  • What's the other best option? Any recommendation?