New forum setup !

padmanpadman Moderator
edited January 2016 in Announcements Archive
I had been working hard to get this new software forum up and working. So far it seems to be a lot better than before.

Some new features includes

-instant on screen notifications
-@ username mentions
-Wayyyy better looking interface
-mobile ready

Hope you guys like this upgrade =)

Cheers!
Post edited by padman on

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    So how are you guys liking the new setup ? Any suggestions ?
  • Maybe a Hacking section ? =) I didn't see the previous version, but this one looks fine to me. Oh, also what about profile pictures ?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Phantoman I specifically didn't put in a 'hacking' forum in case of any potential legal issue. After all my initial domain was wrongfully seized. Any relevant info would be fine in the 3rd party section I would think.

As for the profile pic, you should be able to set it already
  • Oops, you are right, I didn't see the menu on the right when editing my profile.

I see what you are saying. Hacking didn't really get the previous forum owners into trouble though, it was the sale of TVPad units. The only incident that I can recall was that we had one of the hacker crew members being a mole for TVPad.

Anyway, not a big issue for me though not having a hacking section, just thought it would be more organized if we had all hacking threads in one section. Most of the hacking threads now seem to be in the Legacy TVPad section. So it might be a good idea to move them to the 3rd party section to keep a better eye on things (in case some of the hackers misbehave). Just a suggestion.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Phantoman threads moved.

IMHO who knows what these DISH/Koreans will do. Since they didn't even do a C&D for me to take the domain down (they just took it at the backend). Just keeping it on the safe side for now...

Sent you an PM regarding the restricted section tho.
  • BatmanBatman Junior Member
    Padman, if they seized your website they might as well shut down Amazon, and Ebay too. They are selling the boxes!!
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Batman they already did it lol
  • Is it my idea, or now you can only see the month+year for each post ? Unless I was hallucinating, I'm pretty sure I saw the day as well in the past.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Phantoman I think its because the year switched to 2016.

I'll see if I could switch that
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Phantoman date shown modified :)
    Thanked by 1Phantoman
    Great job Padman! You are a good citizen for Gotham City.
    Padman, you should set up something like members can do free advertisement in here. This way, you can create more traffic with possible new members joining in here. It will boost the value of this website. I want you to have ammunition to fight the enemies.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    What exactly does free advertising mean?
    Padman, you should set up something like members can do free advertisement in here. This way, you can create more traffic with possible new members joining in here. It will boost the value of this website. I want you to have ammunition to fight the enemies.
    Where members can put up an ads in here. I'm sure some of us has something to offer to sell, and some of us want to buy something. Later, if you are overwhelm with this success then you can start charging a fee. The Asian market is huge. And you have members from all over the globe. Take advantage of this new phenomenon social gathering. There's no limit on what kind of resources than we all can share together.
  • edited January 2016
    Uhhh, with the previous "illegal" domain seizure I wouldn't recommend selling anything in here. I bet my ***** that some investigators of those "companies" are in here (just like they were on clubtvpad forum).
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Phantoman Haha yep no doubt. It was never my intention to sell things on here.
    Uhhh, with the previous "illegal" domain seizure I wouldn't recommend selling anything in here. I bet my ***** that some investigators of those "companies" are in here (just like they were on clubtvpad forum).
    As long as you are not selling anything illegal. Everything will be fine.
  • Is it my idea or italic does not do anything ?

This is supposed to be italic.
    This is supposed to be bold.
    This is supposed to be strikethrough.
  • You are not dreaming, Italics does not work.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    It works on mobile, not on desktop =)