Get your TVPad back online - VPN Unlimited L2TP/PPTP video tutorial

Comments

• dsang23dsang23 Just Watchin`
    edited December 2015
    Can any suggest an easy to set up router for non tech savy people? I just bought the VPN through padman's link and now in need of an easy to set up 2nd router.

Thanks!
  • uew702uew702 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    padman Wrote:
    > If you are using tvpad version earlier than 4 then
    > chances are no as they are shutting them down
    >
    > uew702 Wrote:
    >
    >
    > > Has anyone been successful using this VPN
    > method
    > > with the TvBox (Korean TVPad) / ???TV app?

Anyone happen to know which tvpad version the tvbox is a derivation of?
  • gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    TVBOX is direct clone for TVPAD 4, special edition just for Korean and Japanese channel as original TVPAD 4 can't be used for Korean Channels
  • uew702uew702 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    gqone76 Wrote:
    > TVBOX is direct clone for TVPAD 4, special
    > edition just for Korean and Japanese channel as
    > original TVPAD 4 can't be used for Korean Channels

thanks
  • NyanaNyana Just Watchin`
    edited December 2015
    Hello there im new here, I have been having problems with my tvbox for the past couple of days I keep getting problems at the server part . Only live broadcasting works nothing else ( we only use korean app) so I decided to try this VPN method. I have already purchased the vpn from vpnunlimiged but I have no idea what to do afterward im so confused is there any step by step method of setting this up. I have never done anything like this before so i would really appreciate the help .
  • BennyLamBennyLam TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    The instructions to use VPN is in Post #1.
  • LbeLbe Member
    edited December 2015
    gqone76 Wrote:
    > TVBOX is direct clone for TVPAD 4, special
    > edition just for Korean and Japanese channel as
    > original TVPAD 4 can't be used for Korean Channels

T4 works with korean channels.
  • Orca4wdOrca4wd Member
    edited December 2015
    Padman made a few videos on VPN setup. Do a search on this topic.
    Hope this link will help you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmdrZ0mbiY

Nyana Wrote:
    > Hello there im new here, I have been having
    > problems with my tvbox for the past couple of days
    > I keep getting problems at the server part . Only
    > live broadcasting works nothing else ( we only use
    > korean app) so I decided to try this VPN method. I
    > have already purchased the vpn from vpnunlimiged
    > but I have no idea what to do afterward im so
    > confused is there any step by step method of
    > setting this up. I have never done anything like
    > this before so i would really appreciate the help
    > .
    edited December 2015
    Merry XMas. I have some spare time to get this set up today so i figure i give it a shot.
    Bought the VPN service for lifetime after speaking with Benny and looking at some videos. I also purchased a tdlink router.

I do have a question and it may be dumb. I have the 2nd router connected via WAN from router 1 (verizon fios). I then have a lan cable connected form router 2 to TVPAD.

My issue is i cant get into the settings page of router 2. I am using 192.168.1.1 per the instructions on youtube and manual of router 2 but it takes me to the settings page of my primary router.

is there something i am doing wrong? thanks in advance.
  • gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    1. setup the second router first by hooking up LAN cable from second router (without WAN port connected to Verizon FIOS router) to your laptop than open up the settings page, could be 192.168.1.1 or something. after you setup L2TP you need to change the LAN IP to something else as it should not be using same range as your router 1. change it ot 192.168.2.1 or something
  • Aznmikex215Aznmikex215 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Does anyone have trouble with their 2nd router keeping the L2TP VPN connection alive?

Mines only works for about 3 minutes. Then it gets stuck in the "connecting" state.
  • prochallengerprochallenger Member
    edited December 2015
    Aznmikex215 Wrote:
    > Does anyone have trouble with their 2nd router
    > keeping the L2TP VPN connection alive?
    >
    > Mines only works for about 3 minutes. Then it gets
    > stuck in the "connecting" state.

You might want to check the host name. VPN Unlimited changed their servers host's name.
    edited December 2015
    thanks gqone, i was able to get into the VPN router after i connected to it. i wasnt thinking at first.

i was able to tinker with the setting but it gets stuck at connecting... anything else im doing wrong?

thanks
    edited December 2015
    Hi all. I am desperately looking for help as I already purchased the router and lifetime VPN.

Here is my set up:
    Verizon quantum router connected from LAN port to WAN port of new TD link vpn router.
    Changed LAN IP to be different from the Verizon router
    Logged into VPN router and select L2TP connection.
    Used the same UN and PW for Keep Solid/ Stack Social.
    Plug those into set up and used Hong Kong server.
    All I see it it trying to connect bit it never connects.

I'm like 70% there but need help. Is there something I am missing? I'm sure I need to tinker with some configuration but not sure where to start. Can someone kindly point me in the right direction???

Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks all
  • gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    What vpn are u using? Most service I know like vpn unlimited or pia require l2tp login asked or created to be used.
    edited December 2015
    Thank you for response. I am using vpn unlimited purchased for Stack Social/ keepsolid. The log in into I am using on vpn router is the same as I use for the vpn provider and per padman videos it should be the same.

Any advice?

Thanks so much
  • BennyLamBennyLam TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    Use your PC to logon to your VPNunlimited account and check if you have free device slot available. If you have repeatedly try logging on, you might have used up your 5 device slots. If that is the case, e-mail their customer support and ask them to delete the slots for you.

You can also try using the PC app to logon the VPN to confirm that you are using the correct password and username.

dsang23 Wrote:
    > Thank you for response. I am using vpn unlimited
    > purchased for Stack Social/ keepsolid. The log in
    > into I am using on vpn router is the same as I use
    > for the vpn provider and per padman videos it
    > should be the same.
    >
    > Any advice?
    >
    > Thanks so much
  • gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    Username and pw, is that you got from VPN unlimited after you email them or opening support, requesting for user name and PW for L2TP/PPTP connection? just wanted to confirm as you stated user info for VPN provider, which normally would be website logon which is not same as L2TP logon, although it could be same but needs them to activate it on their end. I jus tknow it had to be requested through support. also please check their site to make sure HK server URL didn't change. someone stated theyh recently changed it.
    edited December 2015
    Benny/gqone76, thank you so much for your time. I have attached a few screenshots of my set of the router, VPN app on my laptop and keepsolid website which shows i have slots available. Anything glaring at you that is wrong? i have emailed their support for a log on, and i hope that will do it. I always thought the log on to the VPN service is the same as the L2TP log on. Perhaps ive mistaken. in the mean time, please see if you can spot anything wrong with my set up. I have changed the LAN IP to be different from my primary router (fios gateway). Thanks for your help as always.

hlAh0hzoj

p8GD5mf6p

pa7x2ZCrp

wrote: »
    Username and pw, is that you got from VPN unlimited after you email them or opening support, requesting for user name and PW for L2TP/PPTP connection? just wanted to confirm as you stated user info for VPN provider, which normally would be website logon which is not same as L2TP logon, although it could be same but needs them to activate it on their end. I jus tknow it had to be requested through support. also please check their site to make sure HK server URL didn't change. someone stated theyh recently changed it.
  • gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    thought it's not hk.vpnunlimitedapp.com anymore, they changed it to something keepsolid.com or something. what do you see under "servers" tab for hongkong?