The conclusion of different firmware

Comments

• When you change to manual DNS must pull plug and reconnect plug for hard reboot restart to connect
  • dsang23dsang23 Just Watchin`
    is anyone getting an error when trying to access the DNS, http://www.bestdns.org/for/hk/??

Also pappy, I plugged in my VPN router, changed to manual DSN and used your numbers and ran the network test. All is fine but my apps are still not working:

canto app VOD Version 2.052
    My BETV is not working, v3.8
    My YueTV is not working, v0.42

What am i doing wrong and are you using the same version apps?

thanks again
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @dsang23 yep, site is down
  • pappypappy Member
    edited February 2017
    @ dsang23 is your vpn router IP address pointing to server outside US and not HK? Set it so pointing to Sweden..as an example. The tvpad manual Ethernet first three lines should be the same as autoEthernet settings the DNS is 158.132.187.187
    What FW do you have?
  • When done with manual DNS please unplug the power and re-plug to start to make it work.
    I have the server pointing to KOREA and using FW 5.066. (mother accidentally updated because she thought it was suppose to be done) and now all the problems started.
    I did a hard restart (pull plug 2x) and boot up but still not getting the apps to work. I am not getting the user restricted message which is good.

What do you suggest? I followed your direction to the tee.

Thanks for sharing your time!
  • Point to Sweden try the European countries
  • Downgrade to 5.054 if all else fails.
    Are you running the same FW and app versions?
    I will try other servers for her later when i get home and report back.
    Are you running the same FW and app versions?
    I will try other servers for her later when i get home and report back.
  • Fw5.066 vpn pointing to Sweden
    Latest apps same as yours
    Thanks pappy! hope to report back later with good news but cant thank you and padman and everyone else on contributed to this post.
  • pappypappy Member
    edited February 2017
    I updated my friend's tvpad VPN to Luxemburg manual DNS 158...
    Make sure when you repower tvpad set the auto Ethernet then copy the top three lines numbers to manual settings and then DNS 158... Then connect thru manual settings .it took about 5 minutes to connect to the tvpad servers.Be patient. All apps work
    Fw5.066 in NYC
    Pappy, my top 3 lines show different numbers. Which one should i use to be the same?

i thought the purpose of VPN is to have these different. I could be wrong but please let me know which set of numbers i should replicate for all 3 lines.
    thanks
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Pappy, my top 3 lines show different numbers. Which one should i use to be the same?

i thought the purpose of VPN is to have these different. I could be wrong but please let me know which set of numbers i should replicate for all 3 lines.
    thanks
    Please change all top 3 lines numbers in manual section to match up in auto section ok
    Sorry if this is a stupid response. On the other forum, susdee wrote this. Am i to change Submask and Gateway to match the IP THEN use that DNS? Which numbers need to match?
    Am I matching the IP numbers to Subnet mask and Gateway or Matching the Subnet to the other two or matching Gateway to the other 2?
    THanks

ip 192.168.0.40
    subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.0.1
    Dns 158.132.187.187
  • dsang23,
    1-get auto connect first
    Write down the numbers of the top three lines like this.
    Ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Subnet yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
    Gateway zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz
    Then go to manual connect and change those manual ip, subnet and gateway numbers to the auto connect numbers.
    For the manual DNS put in
    And press connect to confirm.
    If still not working ,do hard reboot by pulling power plug and reconnect. Be patient give it some time to connect
    GOTCHA!!
    Thanks!
  • I'm in NYC and I got v5.054 changed DNS,canto app VOD Version 2.052
    My BETV is working, v3.8 My YueTV is working, v0.42 YUE TV 回看
    all working
    I am sad to report that following the steps below did not work for me:

FW 5.066 AND ON VPN pointing to outside of US
    Set TVPAD 4 on Auto
    Copy Ip/Subnet and gateway
    Set TVPAD to Manual
    entered the same info above onto the 3 fields.
    changed DNS to 158.132.187.187
    Confirm
    Unplug
    reboot
    unplug and reboot again
    went to do a network test and it fails the server test.

Can you see anyting wrong with the above? I tried the above on WIFI as well.. still doesnt work

Thanks